What is the bare minimum I need to start growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DasLungz, Nov 20, 2016.

1. I'm tired of having to deal with shitty dealers who only serve you when they feel like it and paying 20 bucks for 2-3 measly joints. Plus i'm broke most of the time so I wanna be more efficient with my money but I don't wanna give up smoking either. What's the bare minimum I need to start growing? I don't need to grow the best weed or have the highest yields but I don't want it to be complete shit either. I can probably get a seed from my dealer if I just ask him to throw it in there the next time I get a dime or something. My budget would be preferably $30 but if needed the highest I could probably go is $50. Thanks in advance!

2. You couldn't even buy enough cfl lights to grow with that kind of budget. Google space bucket for weed. You could make one of those for about $100 and grow a decent plant. It'll pay for itself with the first grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool 30$ loooooooooooool. I've spent over 450$ on equipment and I'm not even satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  4. seed, soil, sun and water. Good luck bro!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP, save your money and buy yourself a horticultural grade light and timer along with an exhaust fan.

In the meantime start reading here on GC.

Other than that you're wasting your time.

J

• Like Like x 2
  6. 1 seed, 1 pot, bag of super soil that you make yourself and sunshine. = about 5 bucks. You don't need much money at all to harvest a years worth of personal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A seed is more than $ 5

8. With no more budget to work with than that, you'll just have to keep buying it elsewhere. Lighting is the key to an indoor grow that will actually produce ANY yield, and you're not going to be able to buy lighting for the money you have available. I think you would help yourself out greatly by spending some time reading up on the indoor grow process. It's going to cost you at least a few hundred dollars to put together the bare minimum with pathetic lighting...and if you don't have good lighting, you're not going to get enough to make it worth the effort. TWW

9. With all due respect Mr. Luthor, unless OP is going to start composting himself, start growing dynamic accumulator plants such as comfrey & nettles, and doesn't mind waiting the roughly six months that it will take for said compost to mature that he most definitely won't be able to make a batch of "super soil" for $5.00.

However, If he could find himself some very well composted varieties of manures he *could* mix it in with some ProMix (which is still gonna cost $20.+) just to get his feet wet.

J

10. Super soil is kinda free where I'm from Jerry but nevertheless I'll go with what your saying.

11. Where?

12. Not where I'm from Dickie. 5 bucks or more for a seed is for suckers.

13. Hi there Killset, last time we spoke you said that you wished that I 'd get caught growing or something to that effect.

14. It's very cool man - OP just needs to realize that you can't say "ok, I'm gonna grow me some kind nugs for $30. - how hard can it be" - and which is very true - its ridiculously easy but does take time, repetition and experience and at the very least a good light, a timer and either a basic inert medium & bottled nutrients (and of course at that point pH up/down & a way to check pH) or a good quality organic or "super soil" - all of which will probably cost him $300-$400. just to get set up and running.

It actually costs me zero $$ for my own organic soil - but it takes time and effort. I garden indoors in a straight compost I make here comprised of large amounts of leaf mold (which essentially takes the place and is much better than sphagnum peat), horse manure from Mrs J's Paint mare, massive amounts of comfrey that I grow and gives my soil all the nutrition it needs, plus all of our basic kitchen produce & coffee waste. The result is a beautiful light and fluffy well draining organic medium which only requires water from start to finish and which I can use over and over again - and do.

J

15. I've never said anything like that bro. Hell you can't even remember what I said, just throwing shit out there

Where's this free super soil? or you just making that up too.

16. Thats kinda what I meant too Jerry with the soil, after years of composting my friends and I have so much of it that it's looked at as a free commodity and we basically give it away to others within our circle of friends, I forget sometimes that it does cost others to acquire it so my apologies for not being specific.

17. Your biggest expenditure will be the 3 or 4 months of time and effort, and this will be the case whether you grow 1 gram or 1 pound. So you're better off growing a decent amount, to do that you need to spend a decent amount of money. This will be a lot more than $50.

But to answer your question you can grow for free if you can get a seed for free and a place outdoors to grow it.

If you really wanted to put a $50 grow together then I guess you could buy an auto flowering seed, a lamp socket, cable, plug, 3 light splitters, and 4 CFLs of the highest wattage you can get/afford, at least 20w each. A small bag of perlite, and a small bag of soil which is suitable to grow marijuana, and a plant pot of about 10 litres.

That should run you up about $50. If you're lucky to grow it to harvest it will stink your house out and your postman and any visitors will know you're growing weed

Thems your options

• Like Like x 1