What is the advantage of an Ebb n Flow system over a Bubble Bucket?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iceh20, Sep 4, 2009.

1. I am about to start my grow shortly. I watched the Mr. Green vid a bunch of times and was set on the Ebb N Flow system, however, when i came on here i saw a bunch of people are getting outstanding results with Bubble Buckets. Can anyone tell me which would be better? Or are they just alternative growning methods that wont really effect my yield?

And I have read the forum quite a bit and understand that yield is effected by many factors, not just the method of growing. But if all things were equal other than the method, what would the difference be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. diffrent grow methods ..apples and oranges.. EnF is generally used for SoG grows ..while the DWC buckets are for more bigger and possibly trained plants.

one has a quick turn over time , allowing for more crops to be harvests per year ( EnF with SoG)

and the other has a bigger harvest per , but you get less harvests per year. (DWC BB bucket)

it really is more dependant on your style of growing ,as in finding what works easlily and comfotably for you, then the actuall growing methods people use.. that will make your crops "yield"

3. Also, with bubblers they are less forgiving than flood an drain. If you were to have a power cut, the plants in the flood an drain will last longer than the plants in the bubblers, meaning that the plants in the bubbler will sufficate from not getting oxygen through the roots system, (plus you can hand water/feed the flood an drain).
    If you were to grow the same plants in both systems, the bubbler plants will most certainly grow faster, and may yield more, because the roots are continually supplied with an oxygen rich nutrient solution.
    Flood and drain make less noise that bubblers.
    With flood and drain you can move the plants about the tray (providing they are in pots), to allowing plants equal lighting.
    Bubblers have more chance of flooding the grow area, if not constructed properly or fitting fails.
    A bubbler seems to have a higher nutrient solution temperature, and sometimes hard to control.
    Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

4. not to be picky John cause your post is great +rep . but the roots will get tangled up.. or at least mine have before .. 1 gallon pots in home made trays ( bus tubs , restraunt supply).. and ye sI did move em around to keep 2 of em closer to the bulb each week.. but I think the shock from the roots getting torn up didn't justify the moves.

just a .02$ worth , peace

5. Sorry Wharfrat, i was refering to a SOG (with clones) in a flood and drain system, where you put the clones into flower as soon as roots are established. Usually after 3 or 4 weeks of flowering (an 8 weeker), the roots slow down and stop extending. Most roots prune themselves from under the direct light, between each pot.