Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is swallowing weed smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SkadiVanir, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I was at a party the other night and we were smoking weed, i hit a lung and a bong twice, but every time i did it they told me i was swallowing it(which doesnt sound right cause i know i inhaled it all into my lungs) so what the hell is this swallowing? I just inhale the weed like im breathing in...

2. How it sounds

Like when you drink water, your throat "gulps" it down. Your Adam's apple also moves up and down

You can swallow smoke, but its unhealthy, makes you sick and causes stomach bleeding if done often.

Omega369 :wave:

3. Smoke by yourself and after you take a hit, burp. The smoke will come out when you burp, i use to do this and it happens sometimes still

4. Yeah i did it once but LOL i burped smoke it was quite funny :)
    i agree wihth omega tho its not good

5. Hmm ive swallowed smoke before and never thrown up.

6. Swallowing it means ghosting it, keeping it in for a long time and hardly any smoke comes out which makes it seems like you 'swallowed' it

7. #7 SkadiVanir, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    So i was doing it correctly? I smoke alone usually so i dont know much about it. I just Inhaled it like i would on a cigarette, or a breath of air.

8. My friend used to do this all the time and still occasionally does and he throws up a little bit if done enough in a session

9. If you're inhaling the same way you would a cig, then you're doing it correctly
    There must be something about your particular inhale technique that resembles swallowing

10. Ya i guess i will do it in the mirror to see why they thought i was swallowing.
    Thanks

11. or your friends are retarded.

sometimes, when I smoke to choke, I swallow when i'm gasping for air. After I catch my breath I'll burp up smoke.

12. Is it possible that you swallow after your done talking a hit and they are thinking for some reason that your doing it while still smoking? For example when I take huge rips from a dry pipe or joint. I inhale all of the smoke, and only then sometimes I will instinctivly swallow (probably due to the dry smoke). I've only ever swallowed smoke a few times and just burped it out... I did not feel sick at all.

13. I have this reflex somewhat often when I take too big a hit. I hate it lol

14. no it doesnt, there is no play on words here. swallowing smoke sounds exactly what it is, swallowing smoke, then if you burp later on, your burp up smoke

15. So.. you swallow?

16. If you don't know whether your swallowing something or not, you need to get to the fuckin hospital.

17. Don't ever take a drink, or eat anything until after you cough up all the smoke. It'll make you feel like you're gonna puke but only smoke comes up and it takes like 2-3 minutes before you feel ok again.

18. I accidentally swallowed a huge hit off my vaporizer and threw up. was not fun at all and felt like I was hitting it normally. not sure what I did wrong but its awful, you'll know if you really swallowed it, its fucking horrible.

19. My girlfriend swallows all the time, she actually doesn't think it's that bad. She's never thrown up, and she finds it a lot easier than trying to spit it out...

Oh, you guys were talking about weed? my bad.