what is success

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tltsol, Apr 7, 2013.

1. In your opinion, how do you know when you are successful? Is it money, popularity, family? Share your thoughts!

2. GREAT answer. In my opinion, nothing else matters unless you are happy. Within boundaries of course.

3. If success is happiness, then what is happiness?

It is freedom. The freedom to do anything you want and live in a way that you like and enjoy, Even though many things can make different ppl happy. There is only one way to gain freedom in this world.

Money. Nothing but money. Having more of it than others.

4. Happiness is subjective.

5. What about love? I know of many people that love and are loved by many, and they aren't wealthy. And they are happy, or at least happier than the few wealthy individuals I know. At least it seems that way.

6. Success is creating the dream.

7. Happiness is success

8. Right on man^^

9. I don't know, but I'll tell you if I find it.

10. :)
    I think Benjamin Franklin said it well:
    "Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants."

Mo' money mo' problems

11. <3 great post.

12. Bypassing your own status quo

13. Success is the completion of personal goals

14. when you do everything you want to do and remain happy while doing it. That's pretty much success to me. You could accomplish every goal in the universe, but if you weren't happy, then it wasn't a successful life, no matter how you look at it.

15. Exactly what im saying. It's nothing I'd you didn't enjoy it.

16. Fo sho

Good thread btw

17. Contentment IMO.

18. Thank you sir.