What is so good about Auto seeds and how should you plant them ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by youdontknowmeha, Dec 28, 2012.

1. I'm hearing autos you don't need to change the lightings like they bud when they want and flower and veggie and you should plant it in a 2 gallon plant just leave light on it and watch it grow .. Is this true ?

2. how about a search engine? or at least this thread?
    yes its true, just not that positive.

3. i stopped growin

4. yes. 5char

5. More or less. Just remember with growing, the less effort you spend the less the end result will be.

Personally, I've found autos fairly overhyped. Prefer a good steady photo strain

EDIT: nvm you've quit....

6. How long is an auto normally take from seedlings ? My friends is 6 weeks and has white hairs like its past week 1 of flowering but no buds

7. "What is so good about Auto seeds"?

Not much. They make sense in some outdoor climates with short growing seasons, but generally they save you the incredibly complicated task of...changing the settings on a light timer. Once. In return you have bred in the ruderalis gene, which gives the plant its auto trait but also blends in a low potency trait (ruderalis has almost no THC). Breeders have gotten better at bringing the potency up of autos through selective cross-breeding with potent strains, but I'd rather have 100% of the genetic line from potent genes rather than only say 75%.

8. Quick grow times and the ability to run a continuous light cycle are really the only benefits.

The better breeders have created some great auto strains that do not have the potency issues that originally gave autos a bad rap. Most smokers would have no clue if they were smoking an auto or photo plant. Yield has improved greatly with some autos yielding quite well considering the short grow period.

One good benefit is that you can run a perpetual harvest without having to maintain two seperate grow areas. I have been considering trying this. Rotating 3 plants in per month, I should be able to harvest 6 to 9 oz per month. That would compare to pulling 18 to 27 oz from a 3 month photo grow. At between .85g and 1.27g per watt that isn't horrible at all.

9. Your autos only take a week ??

10. I mean it only takes a month for your autos?

11. 1 room perpetual is why i went for them last time, plus it gave my photoperiod's pretty lengthy veg before i finally switched them to 12/12.

The autos I grew (big domina) didn't seem to be very quick at all, I'd have to look at my log to be sure but I think the last one to be harvest was just barely shy of 3 months.

12. by that he means, i think sorry for assuming if not, that he'd stagger the plants by planting 1, then another a month later and the third a month after that. Everytime a plant is harvested then a new one would be planted and as long as you have 3 or more plants spaced out correctly you will have a partial harvest once a month.

13. [quote name='"Jmosley"']

by that he means, i think sorry for assuming if not, that he'd stagger the plants by planting 1, then another a month later and the third a month after that. Everytime a plant is harvested then a new one would be planted and as long as you have 3 or more plants spaced out correctly you will have a partial harvest once a month.[/quote]

Correct. My plan was to start 3, wait 30 days then start 3 more. 30 days after that the first three are harvested, and three new plants go in to the tent. I would have to wait two months for the first batch, but after that I could harvest every month. The disadvantage would be seed cost since you can't clone autos. I am going to attempt to breed some femmed auto seeds to help that issue. Cost of seeds is worth it to me though when you consider the value of the end product.

14. I agree with joker they are a lot better than the earlier autos.. As for potency i have an auto acid that claims to have an 18% thc content.. The quality of my last auto grow took the piss out of all the other about in my area at the time.. Here's a link to my latest grow an i got two autos showing sex on day 16..

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1157711-automatic-paradise.html

15. [quote name='"Goldennugg"']

I agree with joker they are a lot better than the earlier autos.. As for potency i have an auto acid that claims to have an 18% thc content.. The quality of my last auto grow took the piss out of all the other about in my area at the time.. Here's a link to my latest grow an i got two autos showing sex on day 16..

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1157711-automatic-paradise.html[/quote]

Nice grow. I have been really happy with the genetics from Paradise. My auto Pandora all pulled 2 to 3 oz of excellent smoke, and I am growing some photo wappa now that are doing great. Their auto wappa is going into my trial run to see which autos I want to grow along with think different from Dutch passion and Afghan kush Ryder from world of seeds.

16. I seen your impressive yield with the pandora mate an keeping my fingers crossed for a similar outcome.. Ye i can't praise paradise seeds enough for the great work they do.. Excellent structure an my plants have always showed sex before the end of week 3. My mate grew an auto wappa but he didn't pay them much attention to them.. Still got over an oz tho. It gets real tall tho so be prepared to do some training mate.. I have seen a lot more people growing the think different and afghan kush ryder.. I will tag along for that one to see how it turns out!

17. How is these looking ? My friend sent me these yesterday

Fictional Account

Attached Files: