What is similar to tiger bloom but 100% organic ?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Eric Chaton, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    What can I use that will be similar to fox farms tiger bloom that is 100% organic ? I just started 12/12 last night & all I have is big bloom for feeding in flowering.

All input would be appreciated, Thank you.

2. Sunleaves

Their Indonesian and Jamaican Bat Guanos are phosphorus rich and would be a great bloom booster. You can side dress the plant or use it to make a tea.

If you make an aerated tea, add a couple of tbsp/ga of kelp meal and a tsp of molasses with the guano. The kelp meal promotes fungal microbes which make the phosphorus more available to the plant.

3. Excellent !! Thank you for steering me in the direction I need to go. +rep

4. #4 hopefull, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
    Big Bloom is supposed to be the organic bloom builder and Tiger bloom is a more concentrated chemical/organic bloom fertilizer. If you want bat guano FF makes that as a stand alone as well just like the sunleaves Chunk posted

5. #6 Eric Chaton, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    I'm getting the indonesian bat guano 0.5-12-0.2 which is high in phosphorus & I have recently picked up unsulfured molasses for potassium. From what I understand I would mix 1 tablespoon of molasses to 1 gallon of distilled water. What amount do you guys suggest I use of the high phosphorus bat guano to gallon of distilled water. After I make a gallon of each I then want to mix em together & use that mix every other feeding.

Feed with distilled water, then at next feeding use that mix. then next feeding will be the distilled water & repeat doing this every other feeding throughout flowering until 2 weeks before harvest ?

I want to make a mix where I don't need to worry about ph. Please don't say I need a ph tester, people have been growing for 1000s of years without testers. I want to grow like that :D

6. #7 Chunk, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    Here is a recipe from an organic gardner for a flowering tea:

Flowering nutrient tea mix:
    To make a 5 gallon batch of tea:

2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
    2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (optional, but adds N)
    5 TBS. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
    5 TBS. Black Strap Molasses \t\t

Mix the above and put into a nylon sock or a paint spray filter. Tie sock off with string and let dangle in 4.5 5 ga water in 5 gallon bucket. Use airstone/aquarium pump and aerate for 18-24 hours. Apply tea as soil drench, or can be applied as foliar spray.

This tea will have beneficial bacterial and fungal microbes. The kelp helps bump up the fungal microbes, which help the plant assimilate phosphorus.

You can cut the ingredients in half or 1/4 for smaller amounts of tea. Brew what you are going to use and use it all, as the microbes will diminish once aeration ceases. If you have some left over, store in refrgerator. Older teas can be used as fertilizer, but will not have microbial activity. Make sure older tea smells fresh, do not use tea that smells like shit:D

BTW.....Neptune's Harvest is great fertilizer also.

7. Thank you daddyo
    Ok great !! I'll keep that recipe. I have question for you. In my possession I have fox farm big bloom. The npk is only 0.01-03.07 We know foxfarm puts earthworm castings & guano in all of their pproducts Could I use that for providing microbes to eat the indonesian bat guano & unsulfured molasses‎. Am I way off ? If I don't ask I'll never know. I'm leaning towards neptunes harvest by the end of the week. If I do that though I wont have any regs then for the following week. Sucks for me :smoking:

8. Use the Big Bloom with your guano.....it's loaded with amino acid, enzymes and microbes, plus it has the Norwegian Sea Kelp......but make sure to aerate the tea....this will cause the microbes to bloom, and your tea will come alive.

IMHO......You could wait on the Neptune's with whats in the Big Bloom, along with the Indonesian Bat Guano.

9. Excellent my friend. That is just what I wanted to hear.

How does this sound, mix 1 tablespoon of big bloom with 1 tablespoon of indonesian bat guano with 1 tablespoon of unsulfured molasses to 1 gallon of distilled water. Must I aerate the tea or can I have it sit out with the cap off the gallon of distilled water/tea for a minimum of 24hours ?

I appreciate your help very much.
    Thank you daddyo

10. Aeration is very important to boost the microbes.......I honestly wouldn't omit that step.....you can get an aquarium pump for 10-11 bucks at Walmart. You really don't even need an airstone, ust the hose end. The key is to pump up the dissolved oxygen in the mix.....this causes the microbes to come alive.

11. Ok cool,
    I'll take a ride over to my brothers tonight. He has a couple of old tanks in his garage so maybe I'll get lucky & there will be a pump I can obtain. Then again I'm sure he will ask what I need it for. If I tell him that wont be good. Even though we both smoke together I prefer to not let anyone know my biz. Ah heck, I'm going to walmart.

Thank you daddyo ^5

I wanted to give you more rep but it keeps telling me I need to give rep to others before I can give you more. :p

Peace