Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is Sativa?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Spindles, Jan 28, 2011.

1. okay wikipedia....

robert connell clark has forgotten more about MJ than most people will ever know. ill trust him over wikipedia.

2. They sometimes count cannabis x or hybrids in there own group

3. i think i see what u mean its just where that weed was originally from thats y they r different?indica from moutains.sativa tropics.afganica afgan region.

4. #65 Sproggs, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    Marijuana Botany Chapter 3 - Genetics and Breeding of Cannabis

From: Marijuana Botany, An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis

by Robert Connell Clarke

"Hybrid crosses between tall (Cannabis sativa-Mexico) strains and short (Cannabis ruderalis-Russia) strains yield F1 offspring of intermediate height..."

"This strain from the foothills (up to 3,200 meters [10,000 feetj) of the Hindu Kush range is grown in small rural gardens, as it has been for hundreds of years, and is used primarily for the production of hashish. In these areas hashish is usually made from the resins covering the pistil late calyxes and associated leaflets. These resins are re moved by shaking and crushing the flowering tops over a silk screen and collecting the dusty resins that fall off the plants. Adulteration and pressing usually follow in the production of commercial hashish. Strains from this area are often used as type examples for Cannabis indica."

Edit:

Here's a picture of how the strains grow differently too.

[​IMG]

5. How did this happen...

6. Wow just..... fucking wow.

7. I don't like when ridiculous misinformation is spread lol, sue me. :eek:

OP, don't smoke bug spray. Why do you think that's ok? Even every once in a while...fucking terrible for ya.

8. Too much thinkin yo, ima sleep now. Catchyall later :smoke:

9. :eek: they forgot afganica in this pic

10. #71 TelevisedChaos, Jan 28, 2011
    First of all... afghan is a land-race strain well known to be pure INDICA, I've never heard of a "afghanica" type, it's just sativa/indica and ruderalis (not sure what that means tbh, but ive seen ruderalis seeds for sale).

This is what pops into most peoples heads when they hear these words:

Indica = Body high, short fat buds, like a christmas tree
    Sativa = Head high, taller thin (less dense) buds resulting in a smaller yield than an indica, which is why indica strains (and indica-dominant hybrids) are generally more common on the "black market", in most parts of the world today.

Most strains these days are hybrids of both (like "Diesel", which is 60% sativa 40% indica for example)

I'm not sure of the origins of the first sativa/indica type strains, but I don't think location really had anything to do with how they came about.

Meeh just smoke some weed :smoke:

11. Buy 200 dj shorts FLO seeds and try to find the pheno...
    It's temple flo, long lasting high, one hitter quitter..
    Prettiest bud I've ever seen in the world.

12. Cannabis Afghanica or Cannabis Indica? - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

just an example the solider is standing next to some afganica very short yet is fully flowered it looks like (scroll downish)

13. I don't think your description of 'Sativa' is totally accurate...
    You've left out numerous attributes.

14. Idk... it's basically just some afghan strains (which are obviously indica), it wouldn't make much sense to put them into a seperate category from indica&sativa as they are pretty much an indica strain from the afghan origin that's all, there's nothing else that seperates them from the other types to be singled out like that.

If you're gonna do that you might as well call strains which originated in holland "cannabis holland" or for instance, UK Cheese "cannabis UK".

All "cannabis afghanica" means to me is an indica from afghanistan, kinda pointless really don't you think?

:smoke:

15. well strains from holland and "UK cheese arent even originate from those countries.

afganica is very diffrent i think i mean look at it its like 1 foot tall very reasonus/oily. indica 3-4 foot tall

16. #77 TelevisedChaos, Jan 28, 2011
    Maybe it has slight differences in posture but with regards to effects, it will basically smoke exactly like an indica. I suppose I can't truly know until I compare the two smokes though.

When I say strains from holland, I do mean strains that ORIGINATED there (skunk being one).

UK cheese first originated in the UK (hence the name) so I'm not sure where you're getting your information.

17. This thread is all full of misinformation!

Anyways, any cannabis plant can be short and fully flowered depending on when you flower it. And short plants are usually Ruderalis genetics crossed with indica or sativa such as Lowryder.

18. the last time (and the last time i will ever use fly spray) i threw up, freaked out, coughed heaps - it tastes like burning- and its funny story, because they put me in the bath in my friends house, like i was just sitting there being sick, and my other friend who was on second day of acid was like splashing water on me? and then he just stopped and walked off.. it was so weird.. :)
    kids reading..don try it! im only a tiny bit drug fucked.

thanks everyone :) happy smoking x

19. it did not ORIGINATE. skunk was created there by a breeder.

and cheese strain was a phenotype of skunk i think