Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is resin? Should i smoke it

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by br0ken, Nov 26, 2012.

1. So I have a decent amount of resin i just scraped from a bowl for my bong and yeah, what is it? Will it get me high? It looks like some hash I've seen, What's the difference between this kind of resin and like bubble hash? I like to smoke healthy if that makes a difference idk if the black is all tar or something..

Attached Files:

2. Nothing close to hash, not healthy for you. It'll give you a head rush and headache, that's about it.

3. I love smoking resin, just super efficient. Some will tell you it's shit so others the complete opposite... just try it!

4. Not really down to try it if it tastes shitty gives me a headache and is bad for me

5. can i cook with it?

6. Resin is the fast track to a sweet headache.

I have seen threads with people cooking resin. Gross is the word that comes to mind.

7. if you really want to smoke & are out of bud, then smoke resin.
    but i mean really, really desperate.

its gonna taste way worse than bud.
    youre gonna get high....for like an hour.

but put the scraped up resin in front of a fan.
    put the fan on a low setting.
    dry it out & roll it into a ball.

btw, its nothing like hash.
    absolutely nothing like hash.

8. I'd rather smoke catnip

9. its not even worth it. its all the shit that didn't happen to make it to your lungs, and the high is shitty, doesn't last and gives you a headache.

10. I call bullshit. Resin gets me high as fuck. I think some people just have their draws a little to tight.

11. Smoke it dude. Don't listen to these guys. I smoke resin all the time man. It's nothing to be proud of, and I'd much rather have bud but smoking resin gets you blowed man.

Step 1: fill bowl with ashes
    Step 2: place resin on top of ashes
    Step 3: hit resin 3-4 times
    Step 4: flip resin over
    Step 5: repeat steps 3-4 until cashed
    Step 6: repeat until high

Works great everytime.

12. I never understood how anybody gets any headaches from smoking buds, stems, resin etc.

maybe you all should drink more water.

13. I've been saving stems from my last couple pickups and now have a few grams, can i put that and the resin in a teabag and add boiling water??

14. [quote name='"br0ken"']I've been saving stems from my last couple pickups and now have a few grams, can i put that and the resin in a teabag and add boiling water??[/quote]

No dude that will taste like ass. Just smoke the resin seriously bro, don't listen to these horror stories other people are trying to tell you. Its like smoking hash just a little funky tasting.

15. #15 walterbishop, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    Or some people smoke to actually feel the effects of weed.

Smoking resin feels like smoking dirt weed while simultaneously sucking on a running cars tailpipe. And the residual effects feel about the same as well.

Short duration high, which feels closer to asphyxiation than weed. Not to mention the foul taste. But what can you expect when you are essentially smoking a concentrated ball of carcinogens.

16. Yo bro where did u buy a horse that high, I want one exactly like the high horse your on!

17. High horse for not smoking a highly concentrated carcinogenic (not to mention terrible tasting) byproduct, all for a for a short lived low grade high? OK, if you say so.

I also prefer drinking Vodka rather than mouthwash. You must find me downright aristocratic!

18. Idk I usually smoke my res out of my bong with hot water and ice, doesn't taste all that funky with the water filtration, nothing wrong with it, the only thing that's ever given me a headache is shitty weed and seeds, stems just make shit harsh. Scraping res is a last resort meant for the most desperate marijuana fiend.

19. I've never ha a problem smoking resin, and never taste it myself. I still think weed tastes nasty and have to flavor it most of the time. But I'm an odd duck...

20. You need some better ganja then.
    If your claiming your resin tastes like the weed it came from, that must be some real shitty middies