What is Men's opinion of Women in the 21st century?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PeruvianDank, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Have we made progress? A little, a lot? Nothing? There's still a long way to go before we are "equal"? Does sexism still play a big part in our societies? Or is it all way too relative, prone to different, collective psychologies that are found in many regions all over the world? What do you think?

p.s. what do women think of men in this century? how have concepts evolved?

2. #2 vCanisMajorisY, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    Of course we've made progress. Women in America have gone from homemakers to presidential candidates. Be thankful you do not live in Saudi Arabia where women are forced to abide by the tennets of sharia law, a religious crime and punishment system that has enslaved Saudi women for thousands of years.

There is one thing which brings a society from that to our, and that's the empowerment of women.

3. I'd say women are basically equal now. I know there's plenty of women that are running corporate businesses so that's a big deal. You would think that's a "mans" job.

4. It really depends what country you're in and what religion you follow - and how strictly you follow it

5. I think women are lovely.

:)

As for progress, hell ya. Have a history degree and can tell you a lot has changed and yet, a lot hasn't. Theres a long ways to go in terms of equality. In all honesty, i doubt that will ever happen everywhere as long as religion is there to prevent progress, which has been its main function since conception.

I highly recommend you take some womens literature classes as well as womens history. My wife took a womens feminism class and hated all the guy bashing. She said femisist were more sexist than men, which shocked me. Anyways, theres a lot that has changed, as taboos have stripped away depending on the continent you live on. The middle east is not a place for women, but thats my opinion as well as my belief that women should not be in war. Its horrible enough with men, but theres a lot to consider like the fact that they have different military standards.

Anyways, equality has a downside. I saw a video of a black cop body slamming two black females while they screamed, we're women, dont be so rough. Equality and fairness imo dont exist. But I'll leave it Up to the debaiters.

6. The reason it's not just a man's job is because women have broken out of the homemaker/child bearer roles they had been stuck in. In all honesty, if you're passed over for a job simply because you'r a woman than the hiring manager is an ignorant, uneducated dolt.

7. Hey OP you're lucky that PS was there otherwise I would have raged. Obviously there is still sexism around these days, but more people tend to forget or not realize that it goes both ways.

Also, to try and throw a generalized blanket statement about what all men think of all women is not only silly, but impossible(same with vice-versa). It really depends on the person/culture/family/life experiences/etc etc. If you want to know personally, I think there is no difference other than the physical ones. Men and women are the same; differences that arise in mind/thoughts are a result of societies impressions and family values, not of gender itself. Anything is possible for either gender(aside from men being able to give birth[at least not yet :laughing:]) People who acknowledge any type of inequality are simply perpetuating the problem.

8. #8 Boats And Hoes, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Women are the way they are(dramatic and sporadic) ... because of lack of education, or rather, too much of frivolous education. A woman possesses the same capability as a man, in terms of will power and reasoning. Women are brought up(socialized) to be objects of affection and emotion; they're, for the most part, intdoctrinated to be tender and docile creatures. If women are educated, thoroughly, from the time of childhood, they WILL be as reasonable as men, and thus, as powerful, in terms of the mind. Through education of self, women, no all humans, NEED to learn how to curb impulse and superfluous emotion; this will enable the being to be a reasonable creature, later on in life - no matter what sex... and this is coming from a guy.

9. Bitches be trippin

10. I don't like how women say they want to be equals, yet men need to do chivalrous things, ie. Open doors, pay for meals, also fixing car problems, or computer stuff. I understand being curtuous, and common manners, but damn. Then when I ask for a sammich, or a load of laundry done I become a sexist.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

11. or the manager looks at her and reasons that she as a women is not capable of doing the labor required to accomplish the task...if that is the assessment, why should he be forced to hire someone he knows cannot lift the load?

and the reason women were able to break out of the homes and enter the work force was because machinery evolved to the point where they could be productive in the work place...

12. C'mon, don't be so ignorant and sexist. Woman were even warriors before, Joan of Arc? ; they are so important to our History, especially our early history, when we were just coming up, you have no idea. They were hunters and gatherers, they were farmers, soldiers, knitters, cooks, etc but above all, mothers.

I guess we can split it 65%(male)-25%(female) LOL :p

C'mon face it, us Men have much more influence than you guys lol.

[You guys get fucked, literally (okay that was real immature).]

13. #13 Degrassmann, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    Women in America are almost equal. To say they are equal is just being nice. They are certainly as equal as anywhere else on the earth. But common sense, men were made to be dominant, women are made to reproduce. A lot of women have no idea how to lead, and if they do lead they are terrible leaders.

I absolutely love women. A hell of a lot more then my own race lol. I'm just an aware and understanding person. We have certain characteristics and women were not made to lead. They lack the ability to be chief, and all efforts to try becoming a chief usually ends in a mess. If Hillary became president this country would be over. I've yet to hear a powerful woman have stable common sense, their emotions and slanted thoughts drive them away from being a neutral leader, doing what is best for the country not personal opinions.

14. i think that your opinion has a lot to do with your personal experiences. i dont think a man needs to hold a door open for me anymore than i hold one for him. am i strong as a man? depends on the guy i guess, but in general no i dont think women and men are ever going to be completely equal as far as physically. but i am ok with that as i do not want to be as strong or stronger than my man. when it comes to household chores, income, dates, or being courteous, it should be equal. ill cook dinner and do the laundry as long as you cut the grass and work on my car :)

as far as society goes, i think we as women have come far, as far as being more independent but we still do have things to prove to the sexist men out there. (you guys tend to say how our emotions get in the way of logic? :eek: i plead the fifth)

as far as men, i think in general that there has been an indefinite decline in mannerism, courtship, honesty, loyalty. obviously society plays a big part in that, and no not all men are the same. but in general it is definitely more "ok" to cheat on a partner now then what it was a hundred years ago, for both genders.

15. that does sound a little sexist. just sayin. to say women don't know how to lead and if so they are terrible? a little ignorant no? does my emotions get in the way when i make a decision yes, but thats why we, as females, overthink and over analyze to MAKE DAMN SURE we have made the right decision. HEY does pussy affect your decision making skills. damn sure it does. sorry but any male leader, or close to it, can easily be distracted by some naked chick throwin themselves at them. so to lump all females in a category of terrible leaders, is crazy! some of us could lead you to a higher understanding of life

16. #16 THERapistJack, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    [quote name='"namaste17"']

i think that your opinion has a lot to do with your personal experiences. i dont think a man needs to hold a door open for me anymore than i hold one for him. am i strong as a man? depends on the guy i guess, but in general no i dont think women and men are ever going to be completely equal as far as physically. but i am ok with that as i do not want to be as strong or stronger than my man. when it comes to household chores, income, dates, or being courteous, it should be equal. ill cook dinner and do the laundry as long as you cut the grass and work on my car :)

as far as society goes, i think we as women have come far, as far as being more independent but we still do have things to prove to the sexist men out there. (you guys tend to say how our emotions get in the way of logic? :eek: i plead the fifth)

as far as men, i think in general that there has been an indefinite decline in mannerism, courtship, honesty, loyalty. obviously society plays a big part in that, and no not all men are the same. but in general it is definitely more "ok" to cheat on a partner now then what it was a hundred years ago, for both genders.[/quote]

I would have to concur that my experiences have led me to this thought. I live in Tx, and that's just the way things are, don't get me wrong its not like everytime I hold a door open for a women I get all angry. It's just sometimes its annoying, like when a girl sees me holding the door but takes her sweet time to get through the door.

As for society women have come along way. But there will always be room for improvement, same with minorities. I think we are continuing to make strides in the right direction. But how would I really know I'm just a 19 year old white kid.

Last semester I had to read a book called "From the Frontporch to the Backseat," for an American History class that basically showed the decline of courtship, and chivalry in American romantic life. It was an interesting book.

17. its a double standard of sexism. thats about it.

18. There will always be discrimination. There will always be racism, and therefore, there will always be sexism. Of course its better in America than in Saudi Arabia, but even here there are examples, going both ways. How men are expected to pay for everything, carry everything, and how women are expected to raise the kids mostly, cook, submit to guys, etc. Its tradition, and old habits die hard. But women, men, and all people in America should be thankful that it is not what it was, while also yearning to further equality.

20. yes you are right...let's recap this double standard and see the depth of it's evil, with an honest appraisal...we will start from childhood...

girls used to excel in reading and english...boys in math and science...
    the government spent big money in the nineties to help girls catch up and pass boys in school in math and science, but none to help boys catch up in the other subjects where they lagged behind girlds,,,and even after the girls caught up and passed because of the lack of funding geared to teaching boys, they continued to finance the girls more and let the boys fall further and further behind...

then they reach teenage years...most states say sex under eighteen is illegal...but only if boys do it with girls...the girl can be older, but if both are underage, the boy goes to jail, she goes home to mess up some other little boys life before it gets started, labeled a sex offender, makes it close to impossible to get into a university, but she goes on, like nothing happened her life is fine...she can the next weekend jump in the back seat of a car with another boy, her parents have him thrown in jail, his life destroyed, she goes home, nothing to it...in one state three girls had 12 boys in jail for it...THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CRIME!

they get older...a man rapes a women, he should go to jail and get even worse imo, and that is good...his name is told to all, her's is not at all...
    but if it is solidly proven she lied, after she cost him his reputation, his family's good name, his profession oftentimes, left his finances a wreck...she can go free, a liar, who destroyed a man and gets nothing, because some hypothethetic women may be raped in the future and not tell, if this women who filled a false report and destroyed a man's life is punished for it...and even after she is proven a liar, her name is still kept silent...and his life left in shambles.

then they marry...in some state a women can often get her attorney paid for in divorce cases...even making her ex pay often for it...a man has no such options...

a women can be married to one man in some states, get pregnant by another man, have the baby, the man find out afterwards it is not his, divorce her, and still have to pay child support on a bastard kid he had nothing to do with, instead of the courts making the woman track down the real daddy and get it from him(called paternal fraud)...even denying the child the chance to know who it's real father is and sticking some poor broken heart with the insult of paying for it...that is a killing offense in my book...fuck anyone who does not like hearing that.

so yes...the sexual discrimination is filthy and undeniable and everybody knows it...