What is lst

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kushkid0420, Jul 18, 2011.

1. What is the LST method?

2. Slowly bending the plant sideways tying it down to help increase your yield with more colas pretty much.

3. So just bending a plant. Im already doing that with a ScrOg

4. #4 HighTek, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    ScRog and LST are alike in that your goal is to create many colas. LST is like scrog but without the screen with similar results. It's basically saying using a screen versus using something to tie it down with. Another goal in common is the even canopy. Both take advantage of what happens when your plant grows horizontally. .

5. Yeah I'd rather use scrog though because then I already have support for the buds instead of tying it down in which I would have to make a support

6. I prefer LST but to each his own as long as it works for you.

7. Well would you recommend anything to stop the vertical growth of an already 5 foot plant. Or a couple

8. LST is very easy. I have holes I drilled all around the top edge of my pots to have ready-made anchor points, and then I use pipe cleaners to hold down the plants. Fast and easy to adjust. To me, scrog is much less convenient with the plants woven into the screen, harder to rotate the plants throughout the grow to expose light to all sides and to take the plants out of the grow space to tend to them and haul them up to the bathroom for flushing, etc.

But you're really asking what to do about a too-tall plant. For that you can tie down the plant but you won't be able to tie it all down at once, the main stalk will be too stiff. So pull it down until there's some good tension on the string and leave it like that for a few days, you'll find that the stem has adjusted to the tension and you can tighten the string pulling it down some more, and so on adjusting every few days and so lowering the plant gradually without snapping it.

9. Alright so if I have a couple plants with 3 main stalks I could tie those down to the bucket separately. But they are outside so the scrog works good