Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is kief???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KushxUser88, Dec 24, 2008.

1. hey guys just wondering what is kief??? I have been reading about people saying that you need to catch the kief in ur grinder. Can anyone tell me where to find a good grinder that would also catch the kief??? thanks

G.I.

P.S. this is my 50th post.........yeah!!!!!!!

2. People will tell you to search and google and stuff. I'll save you the trouble. Kief is what falls through the metal screen on a grinder. It's made up of the tiny particles falling off the buds in the grinding process. It gathers up in a grinder like powder, but can be pressed into hash, or smoked as it is.
    It's more potent because there's THC in the trichome heads, and these make up a large percentage of the gathered kief.

As for getting a grinder, any decent headshop, any online headshop, think I've heard of them being sold in gas stations in the US. Just look for a 4-piece grinder with a metal screen for catching kief

Hope that was of some help

3. ^^^ very true, but in lame mans terms, its basicly pure thc, gets you extremly blazed. if loading a bowl with kief, just pack a normal bowl, than sprinkle some kief right on top. good luck

4. I got a 3 piece grinder. It does catch the shit at the bottom but not much ever builds up. I've probably run a pound through there by now, mostly mids, but youd think a pound of mids would leave me with something.

5. all your gonna get with mids is grinded up plant matter. Kief is suppose to be gold-ish more than green. Also somes screens are better at letting only kief through to the bottom tray. My friends cheaper grinders always get this nasty green looking kief, while the kief that I get out of my sharpstone+headies is always a gold-ish color.

6. #6 huonc, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
    It's just a more potent form of weed.

@ Spliffin bowls, get a 4 pce...

7. thanks for making that your first post. +rep, welcome.

8. ...A Magical thing. ahahaha.

kief is a collection or build up of trichomes and crystals. It is Damn near pure THC.

9. You can also collect a nice amount of Kief from using a coffee grinder to grind your weed!

:smoke:

10. the pollen that falls through the screen

i just smoked some...so that may not mayke sense

:smoking:

11. #11 Lebowski, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
    Kief is collected trichomes.

Trichomes on weed:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Collected trichomes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The trichomes fall off when you shake or brush or grind the weed.

Hash is, in some cases heated and pressed trichomes.

Its not really pollen, because that comes from the male plant, like sperm :p, but its not vaginal either, those are the pistills.
    Its like cannabis' boobs.

Kief is weed boobs.

12. if not much is in the bottom of your grinder try taking a nickel and putting it on top of the screen and shake.. alot of keif will fall down into the chamber thing

13. He is right.

14. Weed boobs lol +rep :laughing:

15. damn, marry j got some bomb titties

16. Best thing I heard all day.

One of my friends has a Kief grinder. It has 4 pieces and was around 35 dollars where I live. She just lets the shit build up at the bottom. It has crazy amounts of THC in it. Her and I smoked 3 bowls of it and I was cashed. Threw in "I Am Legend" and called it a night. :D

17. lol perfect explanation. Good thing I'm more of a boobman than an ass man :p

18. HAHA weed boobs. Classic!:smoking:

19. I got a used buster (for smoking him up) and it hardly collected anything. It did, just took a while.

I bought a new buster recently, that thing collects like crazy. The bottom would be filled if someone didn't empty it once, and I only got it about a month ago.

20. Olddddd thread. Weed boobs, lol.