What is it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jabbok, Aug 20, 2013.

1. I planted 1 plant outside in April. The plant is about 12 feet tall and the stock is almost as big as a broom handle. Many of the lower limbs have yellowed and fallen off but the top.4 or 5 feet is full and lush. There is no sign as to the sex of this plant. I have no idea if buds and flowers will eventually grow or not. Is there any way to tell? I figured it should be blooming by now.

2. yes there is a way to see the sex but i think the signs start showing 2 weeks after flowering (which shouldve started around 5 days ago)
    all you can do is wait and pray to god shes a girl. another advantage you have is if its a guy you dont have to chop it down and you can get seeds for next year! this advice is coming from an amateur so do some further research, the internet is full of it! good luck on it and i hope its a girl!

3. How's he gonna get seeds if its his only plant?? Females get seeds after they get pollinated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Jabbok, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    I tried to clone cuttings off this plant when it was around 8 feet tall but I've not had any luck. I've tried rooting them in a glass of water and I've tried rooting them in seed starter soil and I've tried rooting them in regular potting soil. I've always kept the soil saturated (maybe this was my problem) but that didn't work. I can't find any "RockWool" where I live. Is that the best way to clone?
    Also, if this is a MALE plant, won't all the clones be MALE plants? Which plant can change sex, the MALE or the FEMALE?