What is it like tripping on acid?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirFrosty, Feb 1, 2008.

1. I know this may sound dumb but the only drug I have ever considered remotely doing besides pot is acid. The reason for this is because I was reading about it and it said there is really no real "harm" to it. Although, I can't just take that too seriously I want other peoples opinions and what is it like? What happens? What do you see? How do you feel? How bad is a "bad trip"? Sorry for all these dumb questions but my friend can hook me up with 5 hits of acid and I want to know what it is like before I try it.

2. Erowid.org:p

3. Thanks my kind man. Lol. Yeah my friend showed me that site a while back ago never really looked at it that hard. I will definately look at it now.

4. Well, man, I would say you should try it.

It is extremely hard to describe what it is like, but you will know why it is called a "trip" when you trip.

At first you may feel anxious or excited. Then you may feel some body energy start to build up which is hard to describe but then you'll feel it. Then...you are trippinnng

man I can't explain as well aas www.erowid.org
    the internet is smarrrrt

5. Do you start seeing shit lol? My friend said that he was sitting in his computer chair and he saw little smurfs trying to take over his room and they were climbing up his chair

6. Yeah right, your friend is a liar. It's not really like that...its more like you see the objects that are there, but....they're mooooving or melting or dancing or expanding or shrinking or moving moving moving.

and swirling

and breathing

some other stuff as well, take it and find out for yourself, man. You'll see what its all about.

7. Haha they are Breathing. Thats badass. Id like to see my couch dance with my Tv thatd be awesome lol. One of my other friends who i believe more said he was on an acid trip and he was sittin on his couch and it looked like the wall was opening up.

8. ^yeah, thats plausible. haha, stuff is crazy man.

9. While ive never done acid, i have done shrooms and salvia.
    Not only do you see weird shit happening to your surroundings but everything about them is funny, youll laugh at yourself for laughing so hard...and thats a loop you cant get out.

But really, the best way to describe tripping is 'its nuts' thats it. Esp. with salvia since its so sudden your triiping then your arent, your only reaction is 'that was fuckin crazy'

definately find yourself a comfortable room or familiar place and have yourself a great time

10. The most fun I have ever had in my life is when I have done shrooms. I feel like a kid again after and sometimes during the trip. It's almost like everything is so wonderful for me. Try it you will probably like it. Although, I'd recommend shrooms first since they might not be as intense for you. Find some good friends and do a responsible amount with a good setting and be ready for one of the most fun experiences of your life. Nothing like 20 minute laugh attacks haha.

11. shit is absolutly nuts.....its sooo much fun though.....your whole world gets like warped and nothing is as it seems....your thoughts become expanded and nuts and really interesting.....its beyond nuts...you should definatly try it....buy yourself 2 hits and enjoy...tomorrow im getting a sheet(100 hits) and an ounce of mushrooms.....HELL YEA BABY....im gonna trip FACE this weekend

12. can you have a bad trip on acid?

13. Of course. But if you are prepared, and go at the experience with an open mind and no stress, you will probably be fine. And remember, IT WILL END.

14. Yeah... I personally have never experienced one. But I have heard the horror stories. I've heard of people clawing their skin off and shit like that, I don't know if that's true but it's what I've heard.

15. So I know that having no stress and being calm while on a trip is key.

I've never tripped before but would it help me not have a bad trip if I smoked a bowl beforehand?

16. I dunno...but it won't hurt to try it.

17. Personally I think its better to stick with shrooms instead of acid. I have done a lot of both. Mushrooms feel more organic, acid feels more of a man made poison and can give you back pain. Although, to answer your question, just gotta try it, and MAKE SURE you have a positive situation to be in, and DO NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR!
    I would not recommend mixing W and A together for your first time.

18. why not look in the mirror?

19. LSD. What a great substance. I have had numerous acid trips and about four or five mushroom trips. In my opinion, starting with one hit of acid might be easier then trying mushrooms. Then again, acid lasts quite a long time, though, mushrooms seem to last about as long because time seems to pass slowly. For me, mushrooms seem more recreational/fun. Acid is more of a theraputic experence for me. That is not to say that LSD isn't fun because it surely is.

It is difficult to describe how any drug affects you. Though it seems that it would be way more difficuly to describe the effects of LSD. I suppose this is because everyone is affected differently. I have always compared one hit of LSD to be something much like the animation in the movie Waking Life. This may be a personal effect but if you want to get an idea of what being on a hit feels like, take a look at that film (its a great film after all).

I would say that as long as you are comfortable with yourself and don't have any mental issues, it would be a good experience to have. Make sure that you have a day devoted to tripping and that you are in a safe enviroment and most of all, have fun!