What is it like to live in a weed legal state?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buzz God, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Those of you that live in and/or have visited a state where weed is legal recreationally and/or medicinally, please share your experience pertaining to how weed is accepted and used.

You stoners that live in, for example, Colorado; What is life like for you? (I imagine it would be awesome) How has your life changed since weed legalization? Do jobs still drug test? If you would answer questions of that nature that would be cool lol

I want to move out west from NC sometime soon and I just want a general idea of how the daily life in weed friendly states where.

2. Massive ongoing drama. I have lived in three weed legal states. The politicians give drama about home grows, the prices are always changing at the dispensaries based on changes to water, grow space, and emissions laws. The good small vendors are always getting turned in or sold out by larger dispensaries wanting all the business in the city. The good parts are finding smoke buddies, 420 folks to date, good small farmers, and good delivery services.
    The other bad part is super levels of political corruption and bribery. The paranoia is real because you never know if a new friend is cool or a CI, dispensary worker looking for new clients, or activist looking for donations.

3. If you get caught in possession, like a small amount, you will generally get a standard $300 fine. No crazy jail bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I wouldn't be too eager to leave NC. Word is that they are borderline of legalizing.

5. I dunno. CBD just became legal in NC and earlier this year a bill to legalize medical marijuana was shit down. Maybe next year..

6. That's wild. When I got caught I had to pay a $200 fine for court costs and the weed.

The other $600 was for a fucking lawyer

7. It's expensive as hell here in Ca, but, you can do this...
    [​IMG]

8. Expensive and overrated. Good oil is like $50/g before taxes (no thanks), but that will change since they're making concentrates a prescription...

You can't grow, even if you're a MMJ card holder.

You can get pulled over and have to submit to a blood test. If they find THC in your blood (can be sober for 3 days and still have it) it's a DUI.

The entire recreational industry is now controlled by the damned Liquor Board. They had more money to throw at it, so now they have the power. Fuck em.

There are some decent shops here though, but I don't really buy legally.

9. In California, it is still highly illegal to be black and outside simultaneously. No, just kidding, but not really. LAPD is fucked up. And the probable cause to be fucked with is A) being black and driving car or B) being around the smell of "probable cause"

10. its amazing, basically weed is everywhere you cant get in trouble for it and its available for really cheap prices like 100$ an O.

its the shit.

11. #11 MaloCS, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    My experience in Colorado has been awesome. I rotate my business between three different shops as they offer their specials. With a bit of leg work it's easy to find ounces for $150. I even seen a $135/ounce special once but I haven't seen that unicorn since.

However, the cheap prices aren't even the best thing about it. The best thing is being able to walk into a bonafide, brick and mortar store and purchase some of the best MJ the world has ever seen. If you're planning the BBQ of the year and your supply is low, no worries, just head on over to the local shop and stock up, just like you do at the liquor store.

As far as the experience goes it's a bit awkward. You can't walk into a dispensary and browse the product like you would normally do at a liquor store. Instead, you walk up to a window and get signed in via your I.D. Then, you take a seat in a waiting room and wait for your number to be called. The door will open, your number will be called and you'll be lead into the sales room with normal, glass top display cases. The bud tender (ain't that cute) will stay with you for your entire stay and check you out at the end. It's an okay system but I always feel rushed, like I don't have the freedom to take my time and browse the wares. Nevertheless, I am happy to put up with this minor inconvenience for the opportunity to live my life without the fear of persecution.

12. #12 MaloCS, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    charledon,

Could you please PM me the shop name of where I can find $100/ounce?

Thanks. :)

13. Pick up a Westword, Thc mag, or other magazines from the dispensaries. Ounces can be found quite regularly for $100 to $125

14. My experience in OR and WA is that nothing really changes, although weed becomes more expensive. I think that by the time a state votes to legalize it recreationally, it's already everywhere and is mostly socially acceptable. If it wasn't already like that, then there wouldn't be the votes or demand to legalize it recreationally.

15. I live in VA! Yay, so close!

16. I'm not sure... fucking PA...

17. In Calif, it's strictly medical, but we are working on a recreational ballot for 2016...

With $40, I can get high legallly in about an hour. Go down to a doc and tell them that my eyes are too white and they need to be red. I pay my $40, get my rec card and a coupon for a free house joint around the corner at the local dispensary. I have walked city streets with cops driving by while I am smoking a joint. Just about everyone in California smokes weed.

Ok, I exaggerated when I say my eyes need to be red. Before you see the doctor, the receptionist give you a list of ailments that medical marijuana help with it. I chose diabetes because I am diabetic. She checked my BP,signed the card and I was out the door in record time.

Marijuana is defently a part of the California culture.

18. Word of Caution, You get what you pay for. If you are spending $100 for an oz, it's most likely shwag.

19. Or not. $99 is the regular price for O's of a lot of strains here in PDX at medical dispensaries where there are no taxes.

20. Where did you hear this? I've lived around Asheville my entire life and I feel like NC is nowhere near even going medical. Our current government is fucked and everything weed related that makes it to the state congress gets destroyed before going anywhere. They passed the CBD thing but I don't know anybody who is eligible for it, let alone where it is even sold to begin with.