What is is discoloration and wilting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onelovekid, Feb 21, 2017.

1. I have 5 plants, only because they all ended up being female and I couldn't bring myself to kill more than the first two... the four I planned on keeping are lst. Found out two of the five are autos (one lst and the one I just left off to the side... all the plants seem to be doing good except the largest of the bunch... it seems the leaves closer to the bottom are yellowing, and getting spots like pictured, and wilting. Is this a cause of them not receiving enough light under neath the main canopy? It's a 600w me/has setup, switching to hps when I start flower (which I plan to do once I can stabilize this issue..)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. How old are your plants what nutes are you using

• Like Like x 1
  3. That looks normal to me.....the leaves that don't get light will yellow and die off. It doesn't look like you are losing many....just the occasional leaf, right?

The rest of your Grow looks great based on what I can see of the new growth.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you, it's been growing great. And I haven't really used anything special just mg 7-7-7, It's my third time, I still haven't gotten legit veg nutes. I don't use much at all because most seem fine and the plant that isn't lst (not pictures) is almost nitrogen toxic haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Lighten up on the MG or stop using it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I use like a drop per gallon of water... I wouldn't expect that to be too heavy of use when it calls for like 4-8 drops per liter, right? I'll happily cut it out just don't want to be putting a nitrogen deficient plant into flower...

7. Forgot to put the age, probably about 30-45 days from seed

8. Looks fine to me mate looks healthy as fuck mine tend to do this around 3rd 4th of flower when they are not receiving any N the plant will tend to steal it from somewhere els aslong as not travelling up the plant and only affecting old growth at the bottom you should be fine

• Like Like x 1
  9. The 3rd pic, overall the grow looks good.
    The 2nd pic, that's totally normal for the early leaves or ones near the bottom that are well shaded, to just shrivel up and drop off. It saves the plant energy on an inefficient leaf.
    The 1st pic, looks like that leaf has had some specific damage. Maybe touched a light or some appliance that has been warm, maybe pressed against the side of the tent, maybe accidentally crushed one time when you were moving things, maybe spilled something on it.

7-7-7 isn't great but clearly it's grown them to this point. If you don't want to buy some special nutes fair enough, but I strongly recommend that you switch to something that's got lower nitrogen compared to the others. Tomato feeds are often reasonable. Look at the bottles, something along the lines of 4-6-8 would be better for flowering than what you're using.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll definitely get some dedicated nutrients the next time around. There may have been some sort of mishap I didn't notice when shuffling them around. I have tiger bloom for flower, just need to get something lighter for veg. I appreciate your detailed response!

11. Btw there was a misunderstanding, I'm not using 7-7-7 for flowering, it's just to supplement the soil lightly

12. It's good that you've got something different already for flowering.
    As you mentioned the LST ones look less green than the other one, that's possibly because they need more nitrogen due to the extra veg growth they are doing. You could give them a slightly stronger feed, maybe as a one off. That other one does look dark but not burned, it's coping well.

13. New growth looks normal 2 me

14. Thanks for the reassurance guys. Much love from down here! I'll probably have another feeding before I switch em over to 12/12. Sounds to me like everything is doing well though. I won't stress those fan leaves. Again many thanks!