What is hip?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrGers, Aug 25, 2008.

1. So let's just say you want to change your style, but you ain't just exactly sure what's hip. should you let your hair grow? spend all your money on your wardrobe? There's got to be more than that, right? And then what? Let's say you start hanging out with cool people, smoke the best weed, goin to the right places, meeting awesome people and such, but you still don't feel "hip."
    Could you find a mentor? Try some acid maybe? But what ever you do today might not be cool later. The only thing that's true is that if you're truly hip, the passing years will show, right?

2. Heres is a tried and tested method for becoming "hip"

Step 1: Ingest 3 grams of shrooms
    B: Go wander out into the woods
    And Finally: Learn what it means to be "hip"

3. Rule number one: IF you how to ask how to be hip, you ain't it.

4. The jive is hip, don't say hep
    That's a slip of the lip, let me give you a tip
    Don't you ever say hep it ain't hip, NO IT AIN'T
    It ain't hip to be loud and wrong
    Just because you're feeling strong
    You try too hard to make a hit
    And every time you do you tip your mitt
    It ain't hip to blow your top
    The only thing you say is mop, mop, mop
    Keep cool fool, like a fish in the pool
    That's the golden rule at the Hipster school
    You find yourself talking too much
    Then you know you're off the track
    That's the stuff you got to watch
    Everybody wants to get into the act
    It ain't hip to think you're "in there"
    Just because of the zooty suit you wear
    You can laugh and shout but you better watch out
    Cause you don't know what it's all about, man
    Man you ain't hip if you don't get hip to this hip and hep jive
    Now get it now, look out
    Man get hip with the hipster, YEAH! Got to do it!

5. I did that once when I wanted to understand Quantum Physics.

Needless to say I now understand Quantum Physics.

6. lol...

7. I've had an inkling to learn Norwegian lately....

8. The hip is the anatomical region near the top of the femur, located between the thigh and waist.

But seriously, you should muss your hair up a bit, and buy as many Apple products as you can afford. Maybe get some aviators.

9. Oh, snap. Looks like I've been doing it all wrong :(

10. It's funny because the "but seriously" part of my post was actually less serious than the first part. I hate aviators and Macs piss me off.

11. "Hip" changes almost constantly so I don't bother to follow whatever is hip because in a week I could become a square.

12. true story.

I found a container of 40x salvia that I forgot I had for about 6 months. Well I decided that it had been a while since I did it so I wanted to do it again (i've done it 4 times total with interesting results. Ntohing toooooo crazy). I packed up a bowl like usual. Problem is I forgot that you can't really rip it like you would a bowl of weed. Well I just annihilated this thing in 3 hits really fast as big as I could. I immediately knew it was a mistake and remembered you're supposed to be easy on Sally.

My gf who was my sitter said it took about 5 seconds after the last hit for me to start talking gibberish. Just complete and total nonsense. Like nothing she had ever heard before. Hey, it sounded normal to me...I thought I was jsut talkin like I usually do. Needless to say all I remember after coming down from that was literally being in the fetal position on the couch rubbing my legs for 15 mins saying how I'll never do that again.

Moral of the story is...now I know gibberish. w00t!

Maybe next time (if there is one) I'll brush up on my Norwegian

13. You went an' found you a guru.
    In an effort to find you a new you,
    And maybe even raise your conscious level.

While you're striving to find the right road,
    There's one thing you should know,
    "What's hip today, might become passe'."

also, LOL at the ppl that dont get it

14. lol i'm glad the end finally explained to me why i just read that post, and how it pertained to the thread lol. yea, salvia blew my mind. I felt non existence, and as though i was a tiny piece of an inanimate object... im still trying to figure out wtf it meant... i wish there were "salvia-trip-analysts"

word

15. Just be yourself. I wear what I like not anyone else.

16. i think my grandmother uses the term "hip"

17. Yea, using slang from 1955 doesn't help the cool factor.