Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is happening to me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by satanfx55, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Hello everyone! Thank you for reading my post!

TL;DR I only get high sometimes, other times not so much.

OK so I am new to marijuana. I started using it medically about 2 weeks ago now. My wife and I both used it for the first time (Yoda Kush with a magic flightbox vaporizer) and we both got so high. It was bliss. The problem was that I got so high I couldn't function. The day after I got high for the first time, I tried some edible blueberry indica blends that were 5mg each. After eating a few and nothing happened, I realized that I needed to try smoking again. The second time I smoked I didn't get high. Instead I had this unpleasant sensation of tingling and burning all over. I smoked the same stuff I smoked the first time. Nothing was different. This was only the second time I had tried smoking weed so I shouldn't be tolerant to it. The next day I tried eating a massive amount of the blueberries. I figured I couldn't overdose and I wanted to see what would happen. I ate about 60 mg worth of them and felt a similar sensation to the day before. Lots of tingling and some burning, especially in my face. I didn't feel good or relaxed. Just tingling and burning. I even felt a little sick. Not high at all. That weekend I tried some OG Kush in a vaporizer. This got me super high. I thought, "ok it is working now! I am not immune!" After a few days I tried smoking the OG Kushagain. Same thing happened. Didn't get high. I got the tingling and burning but I didn't get high. I took an obscene number of hits off the vaporizer and just felt kinda bad. I would hit it a few times, take a 15 minute break to see what happened, then hit it some more. I ate half a brownie that messed my wife up last weekend and it really sent me for a loop. I was mega high. Will the brownie get my high again? I tried a syrup and tincture yesterday and didn't get too high from it. Mostly tingly and burning again. I did get some sense of euphoria. Another note: I am always having the same side effects, even if I don't get high. I always get dry mouth. Every time. No matter if I get high or not.

This has been my experience with marijuana. The first time I try something, it usually does the trick. The second time and after that, I feel shitty and tingly. No high or sensation of euphoria. I have only tried Indica for the record. I did some research last night and discovered the difference between a body high and a head high. What is happening to me? Am I getting "high" the first time and then "buzzed" the times after that? Is there something that I am doing wrong when it comes to consuming marijuana? If I am going to use it medically I am going to need consistent results from it.

I read somewhere and heard from a budtender that grinding the bud up finely for the vaporizer makes it so that you get less of a high from it. Is it possible that I am grinding it too much for my vaporizer?

Sorry my post is so long. I am just trying to provide as much information as possible so that I can get the best help.

2. Burning and tingling? The closest thing I could relate that to would be a strong body high, but thats not really a burning sensation, but rather feeling 'flushed' or warm (in a good way). Its possible since your new to smoking your getting an intense body high and its uncomfortable to you. OG Kush is a hybrid, so you should be experiencing effects from both the indica side and sativa side. However since its your using a vaporizer, it should be more of a head high. The only advice I can offer is don't hold the battery in the MFLB too long (3 or 4 sec should work). If you hold it longer, you'll get more CBD from the bud which will give more of a body high.

3. ok, you've edited out the other drugs your doctor has you on for depression/bipolar disorders. Those drugs do have those side effects you have described.

The same prescriptions drugs will also interfere with your endocannabinoid system...so your high is when the drugs are not in effect or at full strength (time release is not a constant dosage, it waxes and wains during the dose period)..the other times you system is trying to be high, but the Rx's are effing it up.

4. cball.... That actually makes a bit of sense. I was beginning to think the OP may have had a very mild allergy, but impeded endocan sys sounds a bit more on track to me.

OP,
    Go to the dr that set you up with a recommendation and see what he/she thinks. They may be of the same opinion. Your reg dr may be able to adjust your reg meds dosages as a short term experiment as well. (NEVER change depression/bipolar/psych meds without your Dr's permission)

5. Hey man, I know it's been a while science this is been posted, but my advice is to get your stuff in small quantities, and most importantly, chill out. It seems like the same strain 2 times in a row, doesn't do your body good. You can get the same amount you usually do, just maybe not all in the same strain. Also, taking a break isn't a bad idea. Even a day will help In bringing you back to that really nice stoned feeling.

6. Sounds like bullshit. [​IMG]