What is going on in Canada .

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pattyblaze, Mar 14, 2017.

1. What the hell is going on . Or is anything going on. Will legalization happen this year? I'm eager to know ! Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Canada?
    "I don't even know what street Canada is on." :D

3. the law will change this year, but from what ive seen you will be able to buy legally in like 2018

• Like Like x 1
  4. there are plenty of online dispensaries that don't care about waiting for Trudeau to pass a legalization law, but aside from that as of now it is still just decriminalized. where im from, pretty much everyone smokes pot. theres even a cannabis cafe i go to almost everyday, haha. id say by mid 2018 is when itll be fully legal to buy

• Like Like x 1
  5. last april they promised this april it would be legal,

now the new date is july 1st, 2018
    lol

6. One aspect about the proposed legislation that excites me is we all can legally grow up to 4 plants per year.

7. Which pretty much means using fem seeds only (or wasting time and energy), no breeding, possibly licensing permits and fees and mandatory site inspections to ensure we are in compliance. Put nothing past them, they are going for every nickle and dime.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Let's face it, it will never be a free for all but getting it outside the criminal justice system is a good thing. At least for me, 4 plants is plenty and I doubt I'll be registering my green thumb with the authorities. I was worried they'd get rid of the of the grown your own option and it's comforting to know that if I did get caught, I won't go to jail! Been there, did that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeah I hear ya, bro. I'm just grousing because they have an opportunity to do it right, but won't. I only grow two plants for myself, but if I wanted to clone or play with strains, it becomes an issue. If only they had said six, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. No, they said they’d table the legislation by April 2018, it takes time after the bill is tabled.

So many people have absolutely no clue how the system in Canada works...

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

11. I've read its up to provinces to determine how it is to be legalized, I know some french guy in Quebec that told me growing cannabis recreationally will remain illegal there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Yeah I think it will remain illegal to grow in Quebec. The good news is that most of the other provinces are allowing up to 4 plants per household.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.