what is flush ? what does it do ? when and why should i flush ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by potenza, Jan 31, 2009.

1. can i flush soil ?
    how can i flush soil ?

and why should i flush to soil ?

what does flushing do ?

i am very newbie.

i did a seacrh and i learned these.but i am not sure if these are correct:

1)when should i flush,and why?
    do i have to flush one time in every 2-3 weeks ?
    2)to flush,i am need to purely water that 2 X normal watering amount without any nutrienrs,is it true ?
    3)or should i water three times of the pot size .if i use 15 litre pot,should i give the plants 45 litre water ? which is true ?
    3)after flushing,do i have to give nutrients ?or should i wait to give nutrients 1 weeks or 10 days after flushing ?
    4)for example, if i never flushed,what would my plants happen ?

2. Flushing ... helps wash out excess nutes preventing lockup and a final flush will rid your plants of all nutes so you arent smoking them organic or not :p flush about every 3 weeks and for the final 7-14 days depending on your medium. Hope this helps.

3. hey sry yeah you can flush soil. when your feeding soil feed every third watering the other two should be plain water (which is flushing) and soil at the end of flowering should be flush with plain water for about 14 days-ish

4. thanks you guys
    but i if give 45 litre water for 15 litre pot,wouldnt it mean '' overwatering '' ?
    and after flushing,i should not give any nuts,should i ?

5. Your plant will droop yes but this is fine just resume regular watering and feeding habbits after a flush unless its the end of grow flush.