What is flowering

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Corky99, Dec 30, 2019.

  1. We answered, 8-10 weeks from start of flower are you srs bro?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ok thanks as I was told autoflower is from germination and photos is from when you switch to 12/12
     
  3. When it said 8-10 weeks I knew full well they wouldn't be done it that time but I've heard on many different forums that 8-10 weeks flower with autoflower is when they have germinated not when they start flowering as they switch on Thier own
     
  4. @Spanish@rcher am I correct in saying that 8-10 weeks flowering is from germination with autoflower ?
     
  5. They're auto from the beginning but need to mature then when they reach that stage they automically flower. Also stress can make an auto re-veg and you then treat them like a photo and do 12/12 light schedule just thought id mention that aswell.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I didn't know you could re veg and do a 12/12 cycle thank you
     
  7. Yes mate but the recommended times are very rarely accurate.
    The strains I usually grow are advertised as 80-90 days and I can usually push it 49+ before I even see pistils. Average chop day of 110-120.
    There’s a hundred things that effect how long the take to finish.
    And when it comes to photos. they say 9 weeks bloom but generally speaking they go a week or 2 over because it takes a while to transition once the lights are flipped.
    I’ve had a couple strains take nearly 3 weeks of 12/12 to go into bloom. 14 weeks total on 12/12.
    Just your luck of the draw if you don’t properly investigate the beans .
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The breeder will list either a FLOWERING TIME or FROM GERMINATION. Flowering time is from first pistil formation, which could be 18 days or 40 days and anywhere in between.

    [​IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. A re-vegged auto? I call bullshit mate. if it does that from a change in light schedules it’s not an auto. Hence why they’re called autos. Because light doesn’t effect them, they do it automatically.
    If it does react to 12/12 then it’s a photo.
    Cant bloom a photo under 18/6 but you can bloom an auto under 1/23 all the way upto 24/0.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks all I was going off the 8-10 weeks flowering.
    They are 11 weeks old today from germination trics are cloudy/ milky with a little clear I'm going to chop them next week it's my first grow so I'm sure I'll learn and make mistakes
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I meant it'll veg if damaged. Read my post again.
     
  12. I've had mine on 20/4 all the way through so a auto re-vegging is not true then
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I did mate. Still says it’s only an auto unless you reveg it and then use 12/12 to flip it.
    Makes zero sense unless I’m missing something?
    I know how to make autos veg longer, do it all the time. It’s pretty easy if you’re not in soil. Got nothing to do with lights though and you 100% can not flip an auto with 12/12. If if goes at the same time it’s iether a coincidence or a photo.
     
  14. @Spanish@rcher I'm sticking with what I have read lol.
    I'm pretty sure my plants will be ready to chop by next week trics are cloudy / milky I don't want amber trics
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. My rule for harvesting in coco is when the ambers first show up, I start feeding water only. Takes about a week to get ppms down to near tap ppm (100ppm), then I harvest.

    In organically grown plants, there’s no flush, so I’ll harvest with about 10% Amber. This ensures most of the remaining 90% are cloudy, with very little clear. If you harvest with no amber, you’ll have 30% or more clear trichs and that’s no good


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  16. People have different views on it some people say that its better to harvest when they have clear and cloudy trics some prefer cloudy amber trics but mine are cloudy/milky right now I'm flushing for a week then harvest im using gh trio .
    2 plants a a very few amber trics
     
  17. The goal, for me at least, is the most cloudy trichs. That’s medicine. Clear hasn’t matured and amber has degraded into CBN. The method I described above is just the way to achieve the most cloudy trichs.

    This is a long read, but it explains the cycle and anatomy of a trichomes very well.

    Trichomes: The Complete Guide - Honest Marijuana


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you
     
  19. Like I said my trics are milky cloudy with the odd few clear 1 week flush then harvest
     
    • Like Like x 1
Loading...

Share This Page