What is everyones opinion on this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deutschbag, Nov 3, 2008.

1. #3 Sam_Spade, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
    And lose all of this?

At least on the upside, this will increase demand for Canadian oil. Money please, america!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. good point sam.

We need a change for the better.

3. Obamas a dick, living in Pennsylvania i heat my house with clean burning low sulfur coal, for around $180 a year. He can kiss the West Virginia Vote good by and probably Pa, if this is true.

4. good
    i want him to bankrupt coal factories!

there is no such thing as clean coal,
    nuclear power, we need em.
    plus, the good side is we can recycle radium so we can use it over and over again.

5. What about those people who will lose their jobs?

6. If we get rid of coal power completely, we need to replace that energy with something. There would be plenty of new opportunities for people in the coal industry to get in on newer, cleaner forms of energy.

As I just said in the thread above this... coal needs to go. It is extremely destructive to the environment, and it's very dangerous for employees.

We need more nuclear power, but mccain's plan of building new plants is completely unrealistic. There's no way this country can afford it... especially if he thinks he's going to put a "spending freeze" on our government.

7. He's talking about making it so people cant build any new coal plants, the coal plants in place would still profit, just not as much

8. At least he recognizes that the solution isn't as easy as "Drill, baby! Drill"

There really is no easy answer. Coal makes up something like 40% of our power in this country (but don't quote me on that). It's a big industry, and at this time it's necessary, but it really is so destructive to the environment.

9. McBush favors the same freaking program:

I know it's from Jed Report, but it does have a video showing McBush supporting the same ideology. They are both supporters of Clean Coal technology, which would raise electricity prices while at the same time using the same dirty, dirty fuel. We need alternative fuels, and the only way to get them is to increase the price of dirty fuel.

10. There is no upside to an Obama administration. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]