What is enough light for a 2x2x4 grow box, one plant, coco coir?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Indicasuupreeme, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I have a 150watt ufo LED, 86watt CFL, a T5 15x24. About to go buy a 600 watt LED and sell the rest if you guys think its worth it. I want one really chunky Cookie Kush plant, looking for 3oz. HELP!!!! I have General Hydroponics Flora trio nutrients and I have Cali-Mag supplement. PH up and down. Also, I don’t quite know how im going to do an intake because my grow box is fit perfectly in my closet and the only hole that I can access in the box is the top one and thats for exhaust. I have an Idea to take a fan and tape a funnel around the front which I would connect to a vacuum like hose which I would put under the door of my closet and cut a small slit in the enclosure so its fit snug in there. SOMEONE HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 600w I would say and that's the max you can use and you can get 3 to 4 oz

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Do some research on Quantum boards. The are the most efficient led on the market currently. You could pick up a 4 pack on amazon for ~130$ and a dimable driver for another 60 and crush a 2x2. You will also be able to get the plants closer to the qb than a 600w led. With such a low space i would suggest one large pot and a scrog to make the most of it.

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. How much light = watts is limited by how much ventilation you have. Jammed in a closet with no intake or exhaust it'll quickly reach 150 degrees in the box and kill everything inside.
    My original veg boxes were 18x18x36 with 200 watts of CFL and it took 100 CFM of exhaust to keep the temps under control and they were not in a closed space like a tight fitting closet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each box had 8 CFLs in the roof.@ 23 watts each.
    I've since retired them but they ran for over 2 years 24-0 and cranked out 9 plants each every 60 days to feed my outside flower sites.
    BNW

5. Well what would you suggest? I’m thinking about just adding a Marshydro 300watt and leave the rest in there. I do have exhaust going out of the box and am trying to find a way to put an intake.

6. so around 250 real watts of LED?

7. You'll need the next size up passive intake. For example
    4x4 inch powered exhaust port would need a 6x6 inch passive intake hole.
    Shape doesn't matter just square inches of opening. So a 1 inch gap across the bottom of the door is roughly 30 square inches. Close enough.
    You still need to get the hot exhaust air out of the closet.
    Some guys buy a new door that fits the opening and cut a hole top and bottom and your done. That way you don't fuck up the existing door.
    Real cheap ?? Grab some duct tape and double wall cardboard for your door.
    You've gotta get that heat out of the space the box is in.
    BNW

8. What if I connect a hose to the exhaust and have it sticking out of the bottom of the door?

9. Sure. You'll have to balance the available gap-space with the strength of the fan and add or subtract lights accordingly.
    I'm sure you can find a balance. It's gonna take some time and experimentation. Was a few months playing with different fans and numbers of lights getting my boxes dialed in.

10. I’m just going to get a 300w marshydro and add that to the 150w UFO and the t5. I sent back the 85 watt CFL because thats what people were suggesting and thats an extra 20$ to go towards the mars. How many plants would you grow for maximum yield?

11. The 300Wmarshydro is good for1 one good sized plant or 2 two smaller sized plants so adding the others you already have id say you could due 2 two for sure maybe 3 three total

12. I should emphasize my thoughts are for flowering , you can veg plants with less light but once you get into flower you need power

13. Isn't the t5 for vetting so you have to take it out for flower? Anyway I'd you want to work out yield it's usually 4oz per 600watt.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I really dont get why people are reccomending quatumboards still, theyve been out of stock for 2 months with no sign of more to come other than the premade 1k panels, right now I just dont see them as a realistic addition for anyone

15. People are recommending them because they are awesome. The fact that HLG may be out of stock, doesn't negate that. There are other places to get quantum boards as well. One must have the patience to wait( like I did) or search around.

16. they do look good, would be nice to order some custom ones from some board manufacturers. Cobs look to be the easier route though, the clu-058 looks pretty nice

17. Growerslights.com will do custom orders. I had talked to them about one I wanted , a 260w kit but with one 3k board and one 4k board, they said they could do it so I'm sure they can tweak other shit to how you want it

18. They actually were just in stock like 2 weeks ago, you just weren't quick enough . Growerslights said that they get a shipment from hlg weekly so if you order from them you'll be put on the preorder list and it'll usually ship out about a week after the order. Trust me, its worth the wait. I'm amazed at what my board has done alone in a 4x4 for veg dimmed down to 100w , now I'm in flower so I had to add more light but, my plants are constantly happy under these quantum boards
    I was looking into cobs myself before pulling the trigger on the quantum, the closest I got in efficiency was the vero29 cobs , still the quantums are more efficient . You can cut your wattage down to almost a 3rd