Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is "dank" bud...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MastahRolla, Sep 12, 2011.

1. #1 MastahRolla, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
    Do not mistake this for a newbie question.

I want to discuss what DANK means to you.
    In my high school and through growing up as a stoner, my entire circle defined DANK, as wet poor quality bad smelling cannabis. When I began speaking with connoisseurs from around the world I was initially thrown off by people using the term to define good quality buds. From reading some threads here, it is very clear that this community defines DANK as quality.
    I am interested to hear how or why you started calling quality dank, or if there is anyone else who uses the term to define wet poor quality herb.

Please keep in mind that defining slang terms is not very easy, and can have many meaning in different (stoner)cultures.

A note:
    Definition of DANK
    dank adj \ˈdaŋk\
    : unpleasantly moist or wet <a dank basement>

2. Over here, the danker the bud, the better. It means its more dense and gets u a good high the dankier.lol i cant explain it that well

3. Dank bud around her usually means top line stuff. The."danker" the better

4. i define dank as good headies or anything better, like something with a legit strain name that i got from a dealer who picks up from growers and shit.

I.E: Bud smells amazing, very powerful

BROSEPH!! smell this shit! its dank as fuck!

5. dank = a better all around bud, visible, covered over, trichomes

6. Indeed, but why or when did that term come from 'in your circle'?
    Dank has always sounded like a 'moist' word, not one I would goto to define my stash, and I am interested in why or when it became to be known as quality.

7. What?? A dank basement. I thought it was damp

8. I've never heard it used in a negative connotation. In relation to bud at least.

9. I just call it good weed, bad weed, and in between weed.

10. Because dank weed is so coated with trichs that it looks wet and sparkly. Thats why dank=the bomb

11. What is this guy talking about?

12. I've n ever heard dank used in a bad way

13. At first I thought dank was bad just by the way it sounds, but then I soon came to realize it's used as a term for bomb ass bud.

14. It's called dank because it makes you want to turn whatever room you're in into a total weed cave.

15. Dank and piff are in a league of their own.
    It isn't necessarily the power of the high - it's the way it's grown, the way it looks, the way it smells.

16. Dank bud is bud that is high quality, not shit that you would pick up from the streets of Tijuana. Dank bud is what you can tell from other bud, in terms that gets you higher/hit.

17. I have never heard anyone use the term dank to describe something bad. I use it for anything positive, let alone weed, "Pass those dank Doritos." Dank bud is that top shelf, one hitter quitter, coated in trichs looking all snowy... my bad started to drool some. But dank is good man. Fact.

18. IMO if there isn't lots of visible trichs then it's not dank. Also if it has a really potent smell then it's probably dank

19. Man for some reason the word piff just sounds so stupid to me. Like if my dealer was like "bro this shit is piff as fuck/this shit is some piff" (however the hell you would use it) i would have a huge urge to slap him right then and there.

20. Here it's either dank or schwag. Being close to Mexico. If we got shit weed, we'd say "Ah fuck, this is some piece of shit schwag bud." But we rank dank on a few levels. Hard to explain if you're not from where I live. We might say "That's dank as hell!". Meaning some of the best bud. Other times we'll just say "That's some ok dank."