What is causing this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NutzZ09, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Alright guys...These babies have been sprouted for about a week now and they just dont seem to be growing any bigger in size and the leaves on the one as you can see are like curving up, and also look dark on the edges. Any clue what it could be or what I am doing wrong? This is my first ever attempt. Plan on doing hempy bucket method. I havent been over watering I dont think and the pH seemed okay. Any Ideas would be great! Thank you! They are Auto flower bubble seeds from herbies. I have 4-4ft flourescent tubes for vegging.
    IMG_20130923_185242.jpg IMG_20130923_185303.jpg IMG_20130923_185312.jpg

2. Anyone? :( Im having horrible luck and Id hate for all these seeds to go to waste. Thanks in advance!

3. I would plant in a larger container.  

4. Keep them within 2" or so of the light, leave it on 24/7, at this age I'd have them under 1-2 CFL's until about the size of your fist, then to the flouros, the red staining on the leaf margins maybe an indication of the night time temps, keep a temperature gauge in there and maintain 25c/75f
    They are suffering slight nute burn at this stage so NO nutes for another 2-3 weeks

Please don't Lie to the membership as this is your first grow,  how do you know weather you have over watered or not? .....go figure!

as the thick veins in the leaf indicate over watering, 

5. Vostoks correct.

Over watering and nutes is your cause.

Why are you choosing to go with a hempy bucket for your first attempt?
    Any sort of hydro system requires one to have total control over pH and nute concentations.
    For a first grow, this will be tough, Its not impossible, but its not worth the hassle in the beginning.

Choose soil, as its easier to grow with.

6. I have a pH up and Down kit and I did a LOT of research before I attempted the hempy bucket and everyone said it was rather easy to do.  The reason I said i didnt think I was overwatering was because everything was dry and light weight from lifting before I watered again. Also, just curious but how do you get nute burn without adding any nutes? I havent added any nutes to these at all yet. I have a temp gauges and it stays at about 77f and the humidity is okay as well. The only thing I have givin these plants is distilled water with pH adjustment to keep it in the range. I ordered some Ocean forest medium that I will be using with next seedlings, but apparently if I did overwater these, how do I fix it from where its at now? Thanks for your help everyone! One of the plants leaves curls under, the other one taco's upward so its confusing!

7. #7 chippedugliss, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    What brand perlite? Some perlite has nutrients added to it.

Also those peat plugs hold a lot more moisture than the perlite does. Even if it feels light, those roots haven't gotten outside the plug yet (guarantee) and that means you've been overwatering.

8. #8 NutzZ09, Sep 28, 2013
    Oh they are definitely out trust me, there is a shitload of them coming out of the bottom of the peat pods like pure white tentacles.

9. Schultz brand Perlite. I read the bag all over and didnt see anything about nutrients. The thing is...those plants have been sprouted for almost two weeks now...they just arent growing like they should be.

10. #10 chippedugliss, Sep 28, 2013
    If you have good root growth and no foliar growth then your problem is in your lighting. Listen to vostok, he's a genius and a plant doctor.

He comes across abrasive at times but I think it's just his brand of humor and personally I find it hilarious.

11. I don't have CFL's to work with. All I have is my tube lights. Each at 54w. I have all 4 tubes on and They are at 2 inches like he said now. Should I only have 2 of the 4 tubes on right now ? Everything I read (and I did a shitload of research) said that with the flouro it can be close as long as its not too hot for your hand (which it wasnt at all) now dont get me wrong I know experience > guides , but those guides come from experience so I assumed it was correct. I put them at 2" and im gonna not water them til they are completely dry +1 extra day. My Fox Farm ocean forest soil comes on monday...Should I just transfer them when the soil comes and say screw the perlite hempy bucket method for now? til I am more experienced.

12. I'm sorry for that outburst, the good news is your lights the 54w T5's are more the enough for these babes, the more tubes the better I prefer 6-8 54w tubes per rack and hung on chains, still the best veg lite out there IMHO ....lol

I'd stick with the hempy bucket method for now, as the FFOF is very hot and I do rec. that growers mix it with 30-50% perlite anyways, all thats wrong here is a little impatience and anxiety on your part ....just chill and study like crazy, some very good DIY's on hempy here ....someplace ....lol
    The best hempys I've seen are done with cocoa nut husk, if you change to that medium later...do flush the husk of dried salts very well first 
    Get some tools an electronic Ph thing and backed up with those $5.00 Ph pool strips, and temp. and humidity gauge, and check temp 2x times a day, ...and chill!

13. I may be the fool here...as much as I have read about hempys...I may have missed the point that someone had just made in a message..Should I be using Nutes since the soil has nothing to feed the plants? I thought you dont feed for like the first two weeks but that may be with just regular mediums.  This may be just due to my stupidity hahah. But thanks for all the tips! So should I be using nutes if I havent?