Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is cannabis education like in Medical States?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kyle944811, Mar 29, 2011.

1. What is the education on marijuana like in MMJ states, such as California? I'm assuming it's less harsh than it is in other states who aren't medical. But, I've never been to a medical state so I'm not sure.

2. I'm from Oregon and I go to college in California. In Oregon, we still had all the D.A.R.E. to resist drugs and violence and all of that. They don't really slander it, but they definitely don't endorse it. Only difference is that most of my teachers smoked weed and I burned with them a few times, but I guess any state could.

3. they still talk shit on it here in cali... always going to hear that propaganda bullshit no matter where you are. if you read some science books/psyc books, they discuss it briefly.. usually somewhat accurate, not too bad on it.

but the poster above me is right... i know some teachers that toke up.. had a couple. never burned with em though.
    its more prevalent.. but not condoned.

4. There is only one way to get proper cannabis education. Teach yourself. :(

5. Thats the truth with any subject

6. #6 Ibogaine306, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    12 dozen places to educate yourself online, for free? I'm on board.;)

7. Why would it be different than any other state? Even if its medically legal it's still looked down upon. Tobacco/alcohol/painkillers are legal and they still spread propaganda on those with our education system.

8. Hmm. And where does one draw the line? If its not okay to scare kids about cannabis... is it okay to scare them about tobacco or alcohol?

...I don't think its an easy answer....

9. Its not ok for anything

10. This.

We should be telling them the truth in a completely unbiased manner. And not scare them to not do anything. Doesn't matter if it's caffeine, cannabis, tobacco, meth, heroin etc. We all know the more kids are told not to do something the more they will.

11. Not really possible but we need to make the attempt to give both good and bad

12. They hate that it down here, and it seems like were moving backwards with mmj anyways I went to the city council meeting and they are trying to close most dispensaries anyways. I didnt think it was true because we were making much progress but they keep opening and closing down all over, the one I work at has been around since 2008 and were even on the verge of being closed down so the education is pretty much how it is everywhere else maybe being a tad bit less harsh

13. In Colorado they have D.A.R.E and still tell you that marijuana is a terrible drug.

14. As long as they state facts. Tobaccy and alcohol are a lot more dangerous than bud.

15. true that!

16. #16 kyle944811, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    Well, I figured that it wouldn't be so looked down upon still in those states. That's a shame. Get your shit together Big Brother!

EDIT - 200th Post :smoke:

17. However, all states require that potential patients complete a cannabis education course before they can be approved for medical marijuana treatment. Cannabis education courses cover a wide range of topics, including the effects of marijuana on the human body, how to properly administer medical marijuana, and the legal ramifications of its use.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Nope. Not my state

19. There are so many online sites and profession doctors who always available to teach and guiled you. One of the best site to get accurate and reliable knowledge about marijuana is MY MMJ Doctor.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. The best place to get information is from the state you reside in. Go peddle your shit elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1