Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what is blue lung?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by marlon the iggy, Aug 12, 2011.

1. so the other day my brand new bubbler broke. i was able to save it for a short time so until i buy a new one. what i did was put aluminum foil where it cracked(only smoke touches this, no flame) and then i used electrical tape to hold the foil to it. it worked fine and i didnt taste anything, i think since the smoke is cool by the time it touches the aluminum. but then my older bro said that smoking out of broken glass pipes causes blue lung, and i cant find anything about it. i also heard smoking from broken glass causes dodarday disease. and i couldnt find anything else on that either.

2. the theory behind these claims are exposure to unfinished glass. they say you inhale glass dust. i dont personally buy it but whatevs

3. Its just like blue balls. :( Shit sucks.

4. but is it real? i mean i ran it under water and cleaned it out. also, is aluminum foil bad if its just touching the smoke?

5. I think youll be ok

6. ok, happy toking to everyone.