What is better to grow in? HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stacks on Deck, Oct 5, 2011.

1. im getting a grow tent ,
    im curious if i should build a hydroponic system , areoponic system , bubbleponic system , or should i just grow in organic soil?

still debating what types of lights i should get

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED !!!

FIRST TIME GROWER

2. Do you have any growing experience? Have you researched these?

3. you should check out the indoor grow journals. spend a few hours... days looking at what others have done. this is the best way to come up with a logical solution that will suit your individual needs... you decided to grow. that is the most important decision... good luck.

Indoor Grow Journals - Grasscity.com Forums

4. I agree. Look at a bunch of different journals and see what other people have done or are doing. You can always try the one that stands out the most to what you're looking for and then if it doesn't work well for you, try another. One of the most important things here is to research and be prepared. Don't start any seeds until you have everything ready for them. Double or triple check everything and read everything you can. I've been reading and researching for months and I still have years and years of reading and researching to do. Talk to people. Follow a few grows. Take your time

5. the hydro setups require a lot of time for maintenance, I came close to using my DIY flood and drain but I know I'd fuck up my entire grow through negligence (I like to zone out for a few daze at a time)

IDK, I'm just the type of guy who doesn't like to do unnecessary work. I meet my goals with soil and a 400w, my goals being to never buy weed again, and only smoke potent, top-shelf bud. I suppose if you're looking to squeeze every gram out of your light you'd go with a scrog grow in a hydroponic setup.

Best of luck dude!!!!

6. yeah i have no growing expierience
    my goal is to get a really big yield in the space that i have
    and grow the dankest stuff around , where im at theres not alot of DANK

7. If you're looking to sell, I'd go no less than 1kw for flowering. Especially if you're growing dank and nobody else is... that shit will be gone in 2 weeks, LOL

8. iknow lol ,
    what do you think i should just get organic soil cause im not the type that wants to be overwhelemed with work on a plant constantly

& what lights u think are best to get a big yield

9. I'd start with Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil, and ammend it to your liking with organic additives such as bloodmeal, bonemeal, kelpmeal, wormcastings, guano (there's a lot of different types of guano that have diff nute ratios)... but that's if you want to get into organics.

I find it's easier to just mix powdered dolomite lime into Ocean Forest, and use the Foxfarm nutrient trio (which isn't fully organic, but grows huge buds). The lime is a necessary additive IME, it provides your plants with calcium and magnesium in the proper doses over the entire length of your grow, and it stabilizes your soil PH which is very tricky without it. You shouldn't have to add PH up/down to your nutrient mix, and you won't if you pre-mix your soil with dolomite lime. This can be found at Home Depot in 40lb bags for $3-$4 and it's worth every penny, lol.

I'd recommend 1kw HPS for flowering, 400w MH for veg, and some T-5's for clones. Assuming you are building a 3-stage grow, that is. :)

10. any suggestions on what brand of lights to go for ??

11. he's not because we aren't allowed to discuss that here.

12. Snitch!:D

13. #14 Thicken Dense, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
    Fuck off, there's nothing illegal about selling tomatoes. Find me one post in this thread that mentions marijuana.

Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

14. I agree with thatguy, its clearly implied what you are talking about. Why get so defensive when its stated in the rules of the forum?

15. bad vibes man... just looking out for fellow blades.... why so angry? not hugged enough? you should count to 10 and smoke a bowl.:smoke:

16. i didn't tell anybody except the poster. if ya'll want to make a big deal out of it, it may draw more attention.

17. Anyways.... hows everyone doing today? anyone smoking some good meds? I think we all should. What's everyone puffing? I'm not right now because I'm at work but I wish I was. Work would be a lot funner :p

18. you should take brownies for lunch. i am going to make some firecrackers tonight.... first time eating weed. pretty excited...lol enjoy your day..:smoke:

19. Be careful! I over dosed one time and I was so wasted. Couldn't even walk. I had to crawl/stumble to bed haha. Eat some and wait an hour.