Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is better indica or sativa?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OGKushBurner, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Like what has your brain constantly frying and glowing?To be honest i dont know the difference between them. I just get shit off the streets most the time but i dont ask questions as long as it gets me high as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

2. Well sativa is worse for your brain chemistry than indica but i won't go into depth on that. Personally I think it depends on the situation, you can't smoke a sativa and go to bed right after. Just like you can't smoke an indica and go for a run, well you could but it would suck. lol

3. [quote name='"OneLoveMaryJane"']Well sativa is worse for your brain chemistry than indica but i won't go into depth on that. Personally I think it depends on the situation, you can't smoke a sativa and go to bed right after. Just like you can't smoke an indica and go for a run, well you could but it would suck. lol[/quote]

How is sativa worse for brain chemistry? Please, go into depth on that.

4. Agreed, proceed

5. I prefer heavy indicas alone but sativas or hybrids with friends

6. You got it.

7. How could saliva be worse for brain chemistry? I'm highly interested

I LOVE sativa. Sativa all the way! Only, I seem to build a tolerance to saliva strains faster than Indica,. Could just be me though

8. Sorry if this is a dumb question. But without knowing the true strand, is there a way to tell the difference by just the look of the nugs? Does anyone have a link to a website with some accurate information on indica and sativa? I apologize for the noobish questions.

9. #9 xWhitechapel420, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    No you can not tell just by the nugs. But it is very easy to identify whether a plant is pure sativa or not just by look.

Not a noobish question at all! Finding a very pure sativa is not too common for me, even rare to find very pure Indicas, it's usually a strong cross between sativa and Indica which ends up with a interesting stone to it.
    I not saying I can't go find pure sativa, but it's much more often a cross.

10. If I had to pick one, I would have to say,
    "Sativa." :smoke:
    But if I had the constant choice of either, I would say,
    "Sativa to start the day and Indica to end it." :smoke:

11. not necessarily. unless youre getting a strain youre not even gonna know if it's mostly indicia/sativa until you smoke it. indicas produce a more relaxed high that feels like you're floating on air. sativas are more stimulating and really make you think

i prefer indica bud, it really eases pain and chills me out. not to say i dont like sativa but sometimes it sends me towards overanalysis of things

12. You can tell by the plant ,not buds plus there is so many hybrids now its hard to tell. A hybrid may be 40/60 Indica / sativa. The indica for compact growth and fast flowering. And the sativa for cerebral head high. The plant can also look indica and have a sativa high 60/40 Long answer I know but I think it covers it ;-)

13. Sorry didnt see your post. you covered it well :)

14. Makes sense al i know is tht indica is the one tht makes u super sleepy n sativa is the opposite

15. Also, they come in many different shapes, sizes and colors. Generally, Indica dominant strains are darker in color (purple). The high makes you chill, sleepy, and relaxed, while sativa is normally brighter in color (yellow). The high makes you laugh, explore, and create.

16. From my exp indicas all the way i find sativas more for old people n people who want everyone to know that they only smoke sativas.

17. I truly prefer sativa for the mental stimulation, the intense and unique high, and the inspiration it gives me when writing music
    Also, I don't like smoking and getting extremely tired so it is nice to have some uplifting bud that makes you get up and do stuff.

^^never heard of only old people smoking sativa, or anyone doing it just to be cool and makes statement. That sounds ridiculous

18. Indicas that purp that gives you the body stone. Sativa is that sour D that has you feeling so cerebral. i like a hybrid, more sativa than indica.
    its easy to tell which is which, just smoke it.

19. I like high CBD indica strains for anxiety.

20. I like sativas that feel like indicas. Or indicas that feel like sativas, whatever makes more sense. :smoking: