What is best indoor soil to use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arcticgrower11, May 12, 2011.

1. Hey everyone I'm looking for a new soil to try out but not sure what to use....

I'm about to clone some tangerine dream, super lemon and big band.
    I've been using FFOcean Forest and my bud has come out pretty dark green, when I transplanted from seed the leaves showed a slight nute burn even though they only got water but quickly recovered in less than a week, I'd like something with as low NPK as possible, nutes are as follows. Also I do add perilite always for extra drainage(don't like pots holding water too long)

Nutes: AN - micro, grow and bloom
    - voodoo, b52
    - bud candy, big bud, overdrive

Ph is solid, temp is consistent 75, humidity is 30-50 consistently

Any ideas are welcome including alternate mediums i.e. Coco, etc

Thanks everyone!

2. I've had great results using Advanced Sunshine mixed with Roots Organics Earthworms, 3 to 1. I use Humboldt Oneness for Veg, with some light guano. And then Bud Blood, Big Bud, Atami Bloombastic, Unsulphured Molasses and Epson during bloom. Maybe this helps. IDK

3. ocean forest a lil strong, i love happy frog also made by ff. just never use miracle grow garbage!

4. I use ocean forest and i love that shit. I use it straight out of the bag no perlite no nothin. Its a little hot for young plants but i just use jiffy tabs to start and i veg for 5 or 6 days then put in ffof never burn my plants or anything.

5. Thanks k & tru

Brownie - I do the same, clones or seeds I use peat pellets then cup them and then did a transplant.

Good to know that you used it without getting burned, might be something else I need to look at. Clones seem less prone to burn early.

How often are you watering? When I add paralite I can water every third day and its completely dry by then and flushing seems better with paralite in my experience.

Quick question while you guys are helpin out. I'm growing in a 400 watt mh for veg and 600 watt hps for flower with about 7 plants in a 3 gal bucket and gettin only about 2 oz per. Do you guys use 5 gal? If I did would 600 watt be enough for 7 plants in 5 gal buckets?

6. You should be fine with 7 on your 600 I have 9 under my 400 ruthie any issues

7. It could be the strain of mj you have that is why it gets burnt

8. Straight happy frog works for me.

9. I wqter my flowering plants every day there in one gallon pots my mother is in a 3 gallon pot she gets water every 2 or 3 days.

10. Hey anybody know if pond soil is any good? i got my soil from the bottom of our pond after we drained it to refill it (complicated) but basically its supposed to be chalk full of good nutrients and minerals and cow crap and all tht good stuff lol. Would it be suitable to grow with? or is there something about it that would make it un-usable? (ph lvl in pond soil, etc)

11. U can bring ph up just by flushing with ph water and as far as it being good or not just try it out no way for us to really tell u bro. Also u might wanna consider maybe halfing it with other soil cow shiy might me a little hot i burned the hell out of my grass with it before lol.