Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is "Arizona" weed??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by crazycraka, Sep 24, 2008.

1. where i live a bit away from buffalo, really good weed is hard to get without really good connections, so most of us smoke az weed. the three main types we gat are az fire az and occasionally white widow or og get swung our way. i traveled a few times and tried schwag which is nowhere as good as the az io get at home az is nice. its a mellow high that will occasionally give you a headache if you smoke alot but thats probly because of the smoke, but its a nice smooth but thick smoke and it has a slightly skunky smell, but its a little like skunk and fresh cut grass. the buzz is a bit of a functional body buzzes, to a debilitating couch sticking high if there's alot smoked. its a bit more uplifting high than white widow, it has very little stems, and a few seeds.but you get what you pay for its like 10 a G but for a half o i pay about 95 but my guy throws a bit extra in so its more like 17g not 14g, and an o usually 150-180 depending how much bail money my guy needs to pay off at the time lol. but its a good group weed, very casual, but still exciting, and its worth the price:smoke:

2. Nice bump :rolleyes:

3. Ive lived in Az, it all depends where they grew it. Flagstaff is the best place. But other then that it isnt gonna be some Dank as shitt. :rolleyes:

4. I know it's a term for good green buds, it's for those who can't stand the brown shit (which no one should), i get QPs for 150 here, and its decent green - bright green buds.

I love the prices in AZ, except dank is the regular high ass price.

5. NO lol ARIZONA is just a better name for Mexican Pillow weed its better than stress because its taken better handling other than being bricked;) and it comes across the Arizona/Mexico boarder thats where the name comes from:wave:

6. I live in AZ and let me tell you it has a reputation for having the shittiest weed ever.

Unless you truly find a good dealer who's honest (like me).

7. Let me break it down for the masses. There are several species, types of weed; But for this discussion we will break it down into 2 categories.
    1. Cronic, Kush, Indica
    2. Stress weed (brown in color, sometimes green but less potent)
    * Now under kush you get all the crazy names: Sour Diesel, Purple Haze, OG Kush etc. That real good skunk stank a$* weed.
    * Now under stress weed you get that head ache medicine crap. That dirt smelling weed.
    But you also get some good green smoke. Similar to kush in look but not as powerful. Not alot of seeds tight buds and real good smell, just not as strong as kush.
    That is AZ, zona or Arizona weed.
    14 between 30-60
    28 between 60-100
    I dont know if its some kush gone wrong or if its some outdoor breeds.
    Just a nickname given to some real good stress weed.

Brought to you by the "The Streets of L.A."
    Much love and Peace

8. az in the buffalo is schwag to low mids, tons of seeds and stems...ranges anywhere from brown to green but is like i said b4...loaded with seeds and stems...60 a half 100 an oz

9. I live in Arizona in East Mesa and the bud you buy here is either regs or dank. Most of the regs you are getting here is from Mexico would qualify as mids. I LOVE AZ because everyone still just classifies them as regs so its 60 for an ounce of pretty good mids unless you are buying from a shitty dealer. So pretty much gathering the information from all of your experiences buying "Arizona Weed" I would say it is some of the best mids you will find(if you find the right dealer).

10. what kind of weed are u guys getting for 60 and o? we get o's for 320-400 but that shits one hit and your gone

11. Some people down in Arizona grow very large amounts of mid-grade buds and it's called Arizona because it's better than mexibrick but not comparable to dank nugs

12. I've had Ari when I was younger, just a made up name for mids if you ask me...

13. I thought this was a new post then I saw IGotTheCottons post -- almost had me fooled! ;)

14. i cant tell u exactly what it is...tho i would consider it to be high grade. What i can definitely tell u is that payin 200 for an oz is bullshit. I paid 85 for my oz, plus it was very fresh. Its not freakin sour diesel -_-. My suggestion to u would be to find better prices for a good high.

BTW, i live in florida too.

15. regs is usually 60 for everybody

16. I got some fire sticky icky called arizon here in pa

17. Can anyone post some pictures of this type of weed? I'm over in Atlanta, and there's tons of fire mids on the market!

18. so is it mainly indica r sativa??

19. #59 HarryLarryLopez, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    I'm picking an eighth of something called "Arizona Gold" tonight in NC, I'll post pics and a short review when I get home.

Given the wide range of opinions as to what it is, I'd just say buyer beware. I'm only getting this because my dealer is in the big house and I haven't found a replacement yet.

EDIT:

So rather that clutter the board I think I'll just review here. The bud is kind of dry, and looks like it was pressed. The calyx are a lighter shade of green, and the pistils are a shade of orange. There is also a decent amount of trichomes on the plant, though not enough to write home about. It reeks something fierce, I've been forced to store it in an air-tight container in a metal box to keep the smell out of the house.

The smoke is a bit harsh I must say. I had my first coughing fit in a while, although I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. I'm pretty sure it's an indica dominant hybrid. The high starts with a tingling sensation up the spine, slowly creeping to the head. this is followed by a nice rushy-euphoric high, which mellows out after a few minutes into a nice relaxed state. It does burn you out though, I'm finally regaining my sobriety after about 4 hours of constant couchlock(essentially smoking half a bowl twice).

It's not the strongest bud I've had, but I personally found it to be a nice high. I'd say it's on the upper end of mids, but definitely not something that is a one-hitter-quitter Me and a friend split 2 bowls over a couple movies, and shot the shit(which is always a good time).

Had the guy not picked up some Platinum Kush a couple hours after I bought, I'd definitely try this again.

Also, I do have pictures and can post them on request, but my phone's camera lense is all scratched up due to me taking a screen protector for granted. As a result the images are really blurry. Sorry about that.