Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is a stoner?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MotleyMama, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Well, I guess we all know what we view one as, but I'm sure everyone's definition could be a little different.. Where does one cross over from being a recreational smoker to a stoner? High all day? Smoke every night? Once a day or more?

Only asking because my daughter and I were talking about it and our definitions were different. What do you think?

2. My buddy called me a stoner and not in a positive way. Now he smokes as much if not more than I do :)

3. Well, first of all, I'm not about to label anyone who is consuming cannabis for medical purposes anything other than a patient. Period. Using any other word would be disrespectful.

Other than that, I'd say the level of consumption has little to do with it as long as you can maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle.

IMHO, the easiest way to label a person a "stoner" is if you find out that their life revolves around weed, and not the other way around.

Moderation is key in life. With anything.

4. A stoner is an urban term given to humanoids which consider themselves consumers of the delicate and natural substance of tetrohydrocannabinol, found on the beautiful plant mother marijuana.

:smoke: :love:

5. A stoner is that guy who is high all the time. The guy who goes to raley's and takes 20 min to get a bag of chips. The guy who always has that tired look even if he's been up for only 3 hours. The guy who sits down for a bowl but smokes three. There's nothing wrong with this guy. Fuck, I AM this guy.

...I fucking pay rent.

6. I have been smoking since I was a teenager...I am now forty one and still enjoy it ! I have twenty five of the worlds most known named pieces. They cost me the earth . I have plenty of Ash Catchers and about ninety glass bowl pieces for my collection pieces. I also have managed to organise casing for almost all of them, to keep them safe. I plan to put the whole collection on u-tube for all to see soon.
    Dave.:smoke:

7. My definition of a stoner is someone that does not smoke to just catch a buzz (3 bong hits) But smokes to get stoned or wasted (8 bong rips). I am a stoner.

8. I'm always smokin... It's my thing. I am an Ozzie and one thing an Ozzie can do is smoke. That's beside the drinking thing ! Morning noon and night I represent the green. I am not doing it for Health reasons though I do wonder sometimes if it has indeed helped me to "feel" better.:smoke:

Dave.

9. Awesome...love all the responses, and again, look at all the different definitions! My definition (from my teenage years) was someone that consumes on a regular basis (daily), and stoner to ME, isn't necessarily a derogatory word.

My daughter says a stoner is someone who is baked all the time.

So what would you call someone who just enjoys it daily but doesn't HAVE to have it. Probably isn't a name for such a person....not that we should be naming them anything at all...just curious.

10. To me a stoner is someone who is a experienced toker and kind of a criminal...

11. a person that regularly exhibits the characteristics of an individual that has been smoking weed within a relative time interval.

12. a stoner is someone who still finds toking a bowl magical after doing it 1000 times

13. ^your definition

i dont consider the term stoner derogatory

"your life shouldnt revolve around bud, bud should revolve around your life"

i might consider the people your daughter is referring to as potheads, which would be derogatory

14. The folks reading this an not posting are stoners.

Dutchie :hello:

15. I feel pothead and stoner are more or less the same. But i would like to add another category.

Cannaissuer: someone who has an outright passion with every thing having cannabis.

I swear its like Christmas every time i hear there's some new strain in my area. love looking at bud structure and overall detail of the flower.

At the end of the day, if there's no bud. I revel in regs! as long as i can light something bro :smoke:

16. a stoner... idk really
    someone who not only smokes, but has mass knowledge of cannibis,
    someone who all in around is in love with marijuana,
    :)

17. There is no difference of good or bad. The stoner is the person who really likes to smoke weed to get high and stay there as long as possible. He doesn't wanna ef with anyone or intrude into their thing. He expects the same of others. Stoners are very generous but they believe that you should be too. If they seems like they're not really with it, it's probably because they're stoned...and quite frankly you should be very happy for them. The stoner is right where he or she wants to be....stoned.

18. Stoner= someone who smokes at regular intervals and has a respect/passion for the plant but still maintains a normal life outside of the habit

Pothead= daily smoker who centers life around weed and focuses solely on getting high

19. damn hippies :devious:

20. A stoner is someone who enjoys the herb and enjoys being high while still being able to function normally without it.

If I were to try an offend someone I would call them a pothead or burnout. Those are the people who smoke all the time, don't have a job, don't contribute to society, etc.

Being a stoner is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a stoner and I'm damn proud to be where I am at in life.