What is a good Yeild?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MJGoon, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hi folks... Just wondering what a good average yield is for hydro grown bud? I have just finished my first grow with my new setup after 4 years break from growing. I made a few noobie mistakes this grow so wasn't expecting a great deal and would have been happy to just pay for the setup, electricity and consumables. The strain was white widow and I grew three plants under 2x 400w HPS and one 600w HPS, so 1000w all up, vegged for 4 weeks and flowered for 10. My total yield is 17oz so a little over a pound. This includes about 10oz of good quality and 7oz of what you'd call mids, no seeds or stems but just average fluffy buds.

So i am wondering is that about average for 1000w of light or not very much? I was really only expecting to get say 12oz so i am happy with it, just wondering what the rest of you consider a good harvest... Cheers Goon...

(i dunno if this is the wrong forum to post it in, was gonna put it in harvesting but was not sure.)

2. I would say once you pick a style of grow that suits you and optimize the layout of that idea, a good yield for one 1k light in 'hydro' is in the 16-22oz range.

Once you have more than one light you get penetration from different angles which beefs up the production and its very common to get 2lbs per 1k light if dialed in and vegged for at least a month.

3. depending on the strain and methodology...
    i shoot for
    1.5lbs per 1000watt isslightly above average (aprox .6g per/watt) this is my bench mark if im over then im happy

u are looking at around .48g per/watt, u are not that far off im sure once u correct ur mistakes u can get a little more weight out of them.

4. This would have to be the shittiest grow i've ever done since I'd nailed the whole hydro thing back in about 2004. But as I said i took a break from growing from about 2006 till this year. The buds were very airy and lightweight, not dense like a used to grow em. But for a lot of the grow I only had 1x 400 watter and 1x 600 watter on as my powerboard would over load with the other 400 watter going as well. It was only till i got around to getting new powerboard that i had it running and that was only about 4 weeks ago. I think this meager harvest has really been a combo of my laziness and the powerboard breaking down and also I had a timer failure early into flower too.

So can't wait now for my next grow as I know it's gonna be killer :)

5. Well i've weighed it all up in one go and found that i has smack bang on 1.5 pound and i've just trimmed up the remaining bud which i recon will total easily 4oz. So wow, for the first growing this strain i havent gone bad at all. Pitty it was all mainly light fluffy stuff but i guess 2 pound is 2 pound no matter what it looks like.