Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Is A Good Price For Stems?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by abrabin, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings, first post in five years, lost my previous account obviously. Veteran toker with a question? I am very interested in making green dragon and want to do so with stems. My question is, what is a fair prices to pay for stems? to give you an idea of pricing in my area, it is $50 n 1/8 & $300 a z  for regular hi grade nug and absolutely no mids around (sadness). Right now I am simply curious as to what the community at grass city thinks is a fair price for stems? How did you come to this answer? 

thank you for your help. 

2. #2 Mid man, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    I can't see you being able to get ahold of some stems easily if you don't live in a medical state TBH (even then I don't think they would just have pure stems lol)

3. Ask your friends for stem donations? I don't know that anyone would sell you exclusively stems... Maybe shake/trim though?

4. #4 Grimbold, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    If you were near me, i'd give em to you for free. I can't imagine folks charging much for stems. Time of year matters. Harvest time, and folks will haveplenty...

5. Yea Id expect people to just give them for free, Ive only smoked stems by accident and its usually terrible.

6. I dont even use the stems when I do extractions, very little THC compared to other parts of the plant.

7. I just saved up my stems from years of pickups, then used them for a tincture. No purchase necessary :)

8. I usually throw my stems out the window, so i'm guessing free

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. That's like asking how much should I pay for an empty pack of zig zags.

10. #10 420BleachScope, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Just give an reasonable price, $5 an ounce

Sent from my XT1055 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I've never met anyone selling stems. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

zero dollars.

13. How much for an ounce of roots?

14. Most people I know just throw them away, they say stems are not really worth it to use for extraction and its just a waste of your solvent. I haven't tried making green dragon before so I'm not sure how well it'll work with stems, it's worth a shot though. Stems are really shitty for making BHO or any type of hash really, just use shake/trimmings/bud.

15. That's not true. I've once collected all the stems from by BHO nugruns, ended up with an ounce of stems, and blasted it. The yield for ~1 ounce of stems was 1.4g's of some very pure shatter. Definitely suggest collecting stems for those who blast.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. 2$/gram absolute max, even that no.. just no.. The oil/edibles won't be very good either

17. #17 Infinite Experience, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    It's more personal preference, If stems are all you have, then go for it, in my experience the hash just didn't have that amazing taste and kick that I was looking for.

18. I wouldn't ever consider making hash out of stems though man! Lol. BHO is very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. 0 for just steam for trim 50 an oz or so

20. Lucy wouldn't sell them for more than $0.05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.