What is a flashback exactly?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Crunge, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Is it like in movies where you lose your vision of the present and see you in the past?

What happens when you have a flashback? I honestly don't know.

2. you re-experience the past basically, and quite literally.

well, supposedly.

3. I know if I smell something, it'll remind me of something from my past. Like the smell of hand sanitizer, it'll take me back to 8th grade computers class. There was a giant bottle of it that all the kids used all the fucking time.

Is that a flashback? When I smell it, it just hits me really fast.

4. Do these happen in a dream? Awake and you just slip out of reality? Any examples or stories of any?

5. Guys he means do you really experience the flashback as if it was very real, like how those certain dreams feel , or an intense daydream . I would love to know also

6. a real flashback, yeah you re-experience it. if you just remember something from the past then that's not a flashback, it's just recollection.

7. I think a flashback is like experiencing, Déjà vu??

8. [quote name='"mydaddyatemyeye"']a real flashback, yeah you re-experience it. if you just remember something from the past then that's not a flashback, it's just recollection.[/quote]

But how do you re-experience it? Is it visual? Is it like a hallucination? Do those blurry edges show up like on TV? Come on guy.

9. A flashback is feeling an intense emotion or feeling from when one had the experience which enables them to imagine it vividly in their imagination. I had one a while ago after hearing blew by nirvana. I imagined the summer before so vividly it was insane.

10. You don't literally go back in time, lol. You just imagine it in your head very clearly.

11. Holy shit. I get it now.

I have flashbacks all the time.

12. These are flashbacks

[​IMG]

13. hahahahahahahaaha ^