What in the World?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Basenji, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hey guys. My plant just sprouted yesterday. Looks pretty good and healthy, and is growing nicely. But there's a small diffrence. There are 3 round leaves, and 3 normal leaves. What in the world is going on? I've never seen this before. Anyone know what's up?

Thanks.

2. 3 cotlydons, and 3 normal leaves, sounds like a polyploid.........hard to say this young though, but bide your time, and if it is, then take clones, and more clones and more.......lol...........basically it'll give you a bigger yield..........ie more bud............Peace out...........Sid

best to read about it first, do a search here or at overgrow........

3. A polyploid? I'll do some research on it, thanks Sid.

4. basically, you're going to have 50% increase in yeild (without stating the varibles like lighting, water, nutes, so forth) but i agree, take clones like mad. and see if you can't find someone with a male like that. it'd be interesting to start a whole new species of cannabis. :)

5. I almost hope it's a male, so I can pollenate some females. Get some good selctive breeding and make a whole new species. :)

Now that would be awesome.

6. Make sure it is what you think it is first though. If it is that would be sweet. You can't take clones from males, so you would be better off with a female though. Well you can take clones from males but it's useless. Good luck with it!

7. Hey Basenji

I've actually had this happen to me before. It was a prized plant of mine, she even turned out to be a female! I hate to bust your bubble, but chances are it won't last. My plant grew out of it after the sixth node set. It still is a very nice thing to see in the growroom, though.

~Lycanthropy

8. Awww....that's sad to hear. :( Hope my plant (Female karma, female karma) stays in the stage. I currently have it vegging out on a flouro. The other 3 didn't make it...never sprouted. :(

But it was an experiment, so I expected some deaths. Germnating some more now anyway. :D

9. Yes, just like that. It's also only 2 days old and has grown a lot. One of the rounder leaves looks a bit yellow and unhealthy, and is sorta curled up. Another is a little curled up, but green, and the last one looks fine. The normal leaves look great.

What does this mean and how can I fix it? :(

EDIT- I'm guessing the yellowing and curling up was because of the insane amounts of acid in the soil. So I moved the plant into healthy, black, organic soil. Looks like it's doing a bit better already!