Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil What in the world just happened to me?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Discus75, Jun 6, 2020.

1. I spent last night in the hospital. I'm trying hard to piece together and understand what happened to me... Last night, I had been trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep. So I grabbed my bottle of Charlotte's Web CBD oil (which was almost empty). Since there was so little left in the bottle, I poured what was left under my tongue. It was about 2-3 normal dropper's worth.

I laid in bed for an hour, and still couldn't sleep. So I got out of bed to go outside and get some food. I ate a sandwich and chips from a corner store, and also had an oxtail from a Jamaican takeout place... So I got back home, went to bed and noticed that something weird was happening. My thoughts were becoming extremely vivid. And it felt like I was getting a body high.

I questioned very briefly if it could be the CBD oil. But then I realized that this was getting extremely intense. And CBD oil doesn't do this sort of thing... It was becoming clear to me that some drug was in my system, and that I was absolutely taking off on it. It felt exactly like the time, a few years prior, where I had eaten too many marijuana edibles... But aside from that experience a few years ago, I hadn't used any marijuana products in all the time since.

So now I was really freaking out, because it had only been 20 minutes, and I was already high as all hell. I started freaking out that somebody must have put something in my food. All I knew was that some drug was working in my system. I had no idea what it was, or in what quantity. I had no idea how bad this was going to get. And I had no idea if I was in danger.

So I got dressed (as best I could), walked to the hospital and checked myself into the emergency room. By this point I was in absolute psychological torment. I was pouring sweat, breathing like I had just run a race, and my mouth was as dry as paper. I remember explaining my story over and over (and communicating logically and factually, in spite of extreme panic) but not being able to recall a single word I had spoken after I stopped talking. My short term memory was nonexistent.

They gave me a tranquilizer to calm me down, and ran a blood panel to test for drugs. The test came back positive for THC. As the tranquilizer set it, things started coming back down to normal. And after 2 IV bags had finished running, they discharged me from the hospital.

My question to you all is... what in the world just happened to me?? Is it possible the CBD oil caused all of this since I poured out the last few dregs that the dropper couldn't reach? Is it possible there was some sort of silt, or settlement that had been developing in the bottle for the last three months, and I suddenly got all of it? This seems somewhat unlikely to me, because I never had any hint of these effects as I've used this bottle daily for the last three months. The only other conclusion I can possibly come to is that somebody spiked my food at one of these places. But that just sounds so weird and unlikely. I really dont know what to think about this. Its 4PM the next afternoon; and I'm really confused.

2. You took drugs & felt different.. that's what happens when you take drugs dude :laughing:, I doubt someone spiked your food.. why would a food place risk being shut down to drug a customer lol

3. I guess that has to be it. I've talked to a few people. And the CBD explanation is the only one that makes sense. I'm just so blindsided, because I've used 99% of that same bottle over the last three months (usually 1-2 droppers at night), and never had any hint of these effects. I thought all the stuff that got you high was extracted out of CBD oil?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. You can still have THC in CBD strains man it'll just be a lower ratio for example 3 parts CBD to 1 THC.

Did you buy your CBD from a dispensary & is weed legal where u live??? That's the only way you'll get higher THC % because if you was to buy CBD online it has to be a low THC % so that they can legally sell it to anybody :confused_2:

5. It was Charlotte's Web. I bought it online over 8 months ago, and have been using it on and off when I need help falling asleep. I'm in NYC and have no idea (unfortunately) about legality. I'm pretty sure it's legal, since people sell it in local health food stores. This is the exact bottle:
    Original Formula CBD Oil - 50mg CBD/ML

6. I could see the sediment thing being the culprit as nothing else makes sense. Unless someone used some weed oil/butter at the food place to cook before they went home and you got the aftermath

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7. There is no THC in that tincture, and you tested positive for THC at the hospital. Therefore, logically, the THC came from someplace else.

8. It's the Acid you dropped in 1974 come back to haunt you. The first flashback is always the most intense and comes close to the original drug effects.
    Now they just make the edges of my Vision sparkle for several hours and it all gets so "Shiny" :) I get 2 or 3 a year.

It could well have been an eaten Cannabis dose as the effects can feel like a flat out hallucinogenic trip. God knows my Hash capsules will sure as hell do it to the unsuspecting and mixed in food would be completely undetectable.
    Full body sweats and churning brain matches exactly a to high edible dose. I've done it to myself enough times to recognize it. LOL
    My Goddaughters first experience with my hashies sounds a lot like yours.

She asked for more of them a few weeks ago so I'll see if she found her happy dose.

BNW

9. Should of just rubbed one out n went to bed how much that ER visit cost ya lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP here... I saved the CBD bottle, and the oxtail from that night. I ordered some test kitts on amazon, and tested them both. The sludge on the bottom of the CBD bottle tested positive. The grease and sauce from the oxtail did not (see attached pic). Looks like I did it to myself...

Attached Files:

11. Wow, that's terrifying that they are allowed to mislabel their product like that! Seems like that should be illegal. I'm glad you are okay.

12. Now that you know.... will you fuck with that sludge again?

13. No way man... The only reason I bought CBD oil in the first place was because people I knew convinced me all the THC was filtered out, and it was impossible to get high from it. I absolutely hate being high. It's the worst feeling for me. So this was a really unpleasant surprise lol.

14. I think you need to send that to a willing participant to gauge how strong it actually was/is. For science and all

• Like Like x 1
  15. Whole plant cbd extract does have some thc in it.
    That Stanley Bros Charlottes Web is a whole plant extract.
    I use a whole plant cbd and occasionally do feel some slight thc effects.
    To avoid this it is recommended to shake the shit out of it for a better dilution.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A reputable cbd seller in the US should have products that carry no more than 0.3% thc. I use cbd isolate and like it best, however its fairly expensive.

17. Per dose would = to 0.3% but the bottle itself can contain much more. If you don't shake the bottle up before you use it, lots of chemicals will just sit at the bottom of the bottle. Your last droppers will have so much more in it. I tested this out with a full spectrum CBD oil and felt a high buzz for an hour. Stick to Broad-spectrum or isolate if you don't want any THC. Also look for lab test reports from any companies you plan on getting it from.

18. OP, from your image, it looks like the test only detects the presence of cannabis and not THC per se. Is that correct? If so, then, obviously, the oil should have tested positive. Interesting experience, nonetheless.