What if....

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1Trismegistus1, May 2, 2011.

1. im saying there will be an explosion but this blowfish guy is being an asshole about it lol

2. What if it isn't expanding but rather being absorbed into the void of space/time?

3. [FONT=&quot]“In the Beginning”, there was no ‘beginning', actually.. it seems that each successive cycle of the eternal cycle of cycles is a ‘beginning', but.. there is a singular thread of consciousness that exists through ‘all' cycles of ‘beginnings and conclusions', consciousness which emerges from the chaos between cycles to again set in motion its own self-discovery.. setting itself apart from itself, that it might know itself through the experiences of relationships with itself apart from itself, see.. simple?? No? Okay.. suppose that there is One Singular Undifferentiated Consciousness (Singularity) in a sea of chaos energy.. ‘chaos energy' repeats no patterns, and so is unexperiencable, it is just ‘potential'.. so, the Singularity's awareness radiates into the chaos/void but returns no ‘information', it is simply absorbed by the chaos/void.. the Singularity can only be ‘self-aware', can only conceptualize that it ‘is', or.. “I AM”..[/FONT]

4. I will give you one guess as to what a team of 20 randomly selected neuroscientists and physicists would call the claims you just made. There are technically many right answers to my question. Good luck.

5. #25 ete23, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    I give up.. Neuroscience and Physics are related?

6. Related to the claims you made, about consciousness, and the way the universe operates, respectively. Perhaps I should have said astrophysicists, sorry. Anyway the answer to my question is nonsense, to be polite about it.

7. To add more nonsense

[FONT=&quot]There is a basic fundamental ‘substance’ of existence, the ‘stuff’.. I understand it as Energy, and it has been named so many other names, but ‘stuff’ works pretty good, too.. so this ‘stuff’ is what ALL stuff is made of, even thoughts, beliefs, ‘mind’, Space/Time, Infinity/Eternity, it’s all made of ‘stuff’.. and ‘stuff’ is Conscious [/FONT][FONT=&quot].. just because ‘stuff’ is conscious, doesn’t mean that ALL ‘stuff’ is intelligent, some is some isn’t..

the ‘stuff’ that is intelligent organizes the information revealed by experiences and awareness into understandings that reveal the relationship between any particular perspective of Consciousness and all perspectives of consciousness, individually or collectively.. it’s all about relationships.

[/FONT]

8. I like your hypotheses ete.... I share almost the exact same view on things. Though really there is no absolute or objective way to know these things, all we can do is hypothesize.

9. [FONT=&quot]Hard to understand this one[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Consciousness is aware of itself as an experience between itself and the environment in which it exists, it is a ‘self-awareness' having the capacity for understanding, but.. the understanding of, and organization of, information acquired through awareness, inwardly from or outwardly from the perspective that is conscious, that understanding and organization are elements of intelligence.. intelligence, like awareness, is an inherent attribute of consciousness, and the inherent attributes of awareness and intelligence may be dormant or active without negating the experience that informs consciousness of its existence.. [/FONT]

10. Ah, but that is where most people are wrong. Since the world won't be ending in 2012, give it 20 years and you will think back to this very thread at some point. (regarding my OP), as well as the fact that man has existed much longer in the way we do now (though not the same body) for around 14 million years to be exact.

Also you will be happy to know that the whole "Anti-Christ" thing won't be happening in our lifetime, nor will the Anti-Christ be one man, but it will be a war that will make WWII look like 6 year old kids fighting with sticks

11. #31 ArgoSG, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Once upon a time there was a tribe of pre-historic homo sapiens. Some of the tribes mystics were sitting around the fire at night, staring at the firmament, and wondering about reality. "Perhaps we live in eye of a giant. Eyes can be blue and black.", one said. "This could be a big rock in a black ocean" said another. Smirking, a third mystic said "I share the exact same view as you.", then announced, while looking up and pointing at the moon "Look. This is the chicken egg god. The god makes eggs in his image, but they fall to earth and lose their perfect shape. However, there is no absolute or objective way to know what we're talking about. All we can do is hypothesize."

One last mystic suggested, "Perhaps we shouldn't hypothesize at all until we have better reasons for doing so?"

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGx3UB-Slg]YouTube - BBC Horizon 2010: 1/6 What Happened Before the Big Bang[/ame]

I thought these six videos were pretty interesting.

Another way to think about the universe could be thinking of it like a wave...as in it is pulsing...
    pulsing...breathing...whatever you know?

13. I'd tell you your illusion of boundaries is cute. :p

14. That was a sick excerpt.:smoke:

15. I think that's an interesting concept in trying to look at the all :D

16. It's like this. Yes, ultimately reality is a cycle. However, we perceive it to be bound by time. These cycles are not bound by time, either! Everything is an entire cycle, in and of itself.

17. you should see what it looks like when you can take a step back from it all.....;):smoke:

the only constant is change

18. Those thought processes man, they're just layerin' existence as it is

19. This was brought up in my science class and my questions was... Holy shit!!! Does that mean that while the universe is going in it will pushing the planets in to?! haha picture being surround by 43834644 planets moving in to crush your planet.. or maybe it would push your planet into the others and you could walk around on all the other planets!! anyways this concept would make for a great painting :D just wish I could draw or paint...