What if

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Unholy_Pear, Jun 14, 2016.

1. What if religion was non existent. I was baked as hell the other day and was thinking about how much better the world would be without all these different religions floating around. All the religious wars and shit would have never happened and I think imperialism would have never been a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Man. I feel like it'd be so much more peaceful. I just broke up with my girlfriend because she was super SUPER into Christianity. It personally made me mad when she told me that homosexuals were demons. Thats only one example of MANY. Sorry if that was kinda off topic. But yeah, all these religions following different ways and such really causes conflict. My Christian ex even agreed on that bit. Everybody would basically live by their judgement and own personal ways, not by a book. This could both be good and bad. But I feel like it'd be a whole lot less conflict in the world if religion was thrown out the window.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Even if there was only one religion I think that would be better than tons of different ones.

4. It'd be nice if everyone was buddhist. To me they're the most reasonable religion, except the shaved heads, i have a weird shaped skull.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I don't know, Rastafari seems pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Religion has been the cause for segregation and wars since it began. It's re best way to control the masses every created. U can get ppl to do anything for a religion without much trouble. Mass suicide murder incest. U name it. All religions are harmful to mankind n some way but Christianity is the worst. Is created judgmental bigots and mega churches worth millions. It does more harm than good. Ppl never see that tho and the ones that do won't share it openly. If we had never had religion at all we would b a much more connected ppl able to come together and share the world. We would all think for ourselves and have ideas that were suddenly possible. Religion set science back 200 years at least. We wouldn't have cancer or hiv at all by now and we woulda all grown up with the internet and smart phones. We would b way more advanced. If u put ur childhood implanted thoughts aside and look u see I'm right. Just my view

• Like Like x 1
  7. Christianity didn't make mega churches. Sick and twisted people made mega churches to blindly lead the blind to gain personal profit off the word of God.

It's like your saying guns kill people. Guns don't kill people, ONLY PEOPLE CAN KILL PEOPLE. And other things that have life.

There is nothing wrong with religion or believing in a higher being than yourself. It's the people who use it to their benefit that makes religion look like it's all bad. You were not made at random. Something perfectly designed us to be able to have a chance at this life.

I don't think you could say, or even begin to think of where we would be without religion. You would have to go back to the very beginning and start all over.

8. What's your religion btw? Everyone has a belief.

9. I'm athiest as u may imagine. That's just my opinion btw. Everyone has a right to that. And u can believe anything u want. And I don't care. Unlike Christians for example that r tought to bring more ppl n. Not saying it's the worst thing ever but it's one of the few religions that does that. Jews, Amish, catholic. They don't hassle u to go to church everytime they get a chance. U don't have to agree. Just see that there is a different view also and it's not automatically wrong.

10. I never said you were wrong or right. Why does it feel like I'm being attacked a little? I understand there are different views on how we as humans came to be and I completely respect that. You posted the thread looking for people to talk about this topic. I'm not the enemy man, I'm human just like you. You as a human being have the right to believe whatever you want to believe. We were given free will. I'm just being unbiased here man.

Christians are not taught to bring in as many people as they can to church. You give me the verse where it says that. It says to "go and be fishers of men" and "share the word of God to everyone". But that doesn't mean to get as many people in to church as you can. Again, that's American mega churches who "teach" that so they can bring in more people to make more money for themselves. That's not Christ like from what the bible says.

What's so wrong with asking someone if they've ever thought about what happens after this and seeing if they would be interested in coming to church to learn about a view on life and the afterlife, regardless of what kind of person you are? Where else would you go to learn about what the bible has to say about life and the afterlife?

Just tryin to have a good unbiased debate. That's what you were lookin for in posting the thread, right? Or did you just want to try and bash what you think is the Christian belief?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm not Christian but you're exactly right. It is always nice to have a friendly opposing point of view on things. To only hear one side without hearing the other makes confirmation bias. Although, I'm sure that this person has talked to a lot of Christians in the past.

Okay, so you're using the Bible as reference. The reason I am an atheist is because of the Bible itself. Again, no disrespect, but how can you read something like that and think to yourself that the creator of an entire universe made that? Not only is it so contradictory, but so many of the rules are absolutely insane, especially if you follow old testament rules which many christians disregard. In my opinion, if it is not clearly stated to disregard it, then you're just making assumptions. If it was the Almighty God, he would not have made such a mistake. Some argue it was just the older rules..... Well.... that doesn't make it any better! The fact he allowed and didn't allow some of the things he did in the Old Testament really makes you wonder what kind of guy this God figure must be.

Again, I'm not trying to attack you, I'm sorry if I'm coming off that way. I just wanna see your viewpoint. I wanna know why and how you can believe in a Bible which promotes so much violence in its text ( Cruelty and Violence - even the New Testament) over the most trivial of things. The God described in the bible is not one that is loving and benevolent as he claims, he is a jealous, ruthless, selfish, egotastic freak. Before the flood happened, instead of trying to talk to the people or help them figure out what they did wrong or offer some form of guidance like a normal parent would do..... he DROWNS EVERYONE Except one lucky family.... Which had to inbreed in order to recreate humanity and somehow ended back up with other races in that time span too somehow.

God has the mentality "I'll just start over." if his children goes bad. You may say "Oh, well he's God, he's entitled to that." Let me ask you this: is he? Should God have morals? The problem I have with him the most, like Stephen Fry addressed, is that he molds himself to be some benevolent and kind ruler. When in reality, he is very human-like, exhibiting many human emotions and not the good ones. For example, jealousy is a big one. Also, he apparently likes to gamble on the occasion as the book of Job would show. And he also gets angry quite often. There was one occasion that he sent a bear to maul about 42 or 43 children for calling a man bald. Harsh.

But these are my opinions - and you're more than welcome to refute them. I've been a Christian for a good part of my life, so I know my facts and have read my bible and went to church very often.... How do you think I became an atheist??