What if...

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Colbias14, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I know this maybe a dumb post but what if every particle in this world has a world in it and we're just a small world to?

2. the second part of the question - what if we're just a small world too?

As far as I knew, we are a small world...

3. Lol this very same question was posted recently

If that's how it is, that's how it is.

4. yeah.. so like i said, we are a small planet. Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, its hard to tell.

5. What if exactly what you said was true?

Check out Kaluza-Klein theory and Calabi-Yau manifolds.

6. #8 Furou, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    What if it's really all a matter of scale?
    Check out this video of slow mo bullet impacts:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg]1 million fps Slow Motion video of bullet impacts made by Werner Mehl from Kurzzeit - YouTube[/ame]

A lot of the impacts are very similar to normal sized explosions which makes sense because the same laws of physics apply to both cases (it's just different scales). It's only when you adjust to the correct scale (size and time wise) that you notice it. So what if there is another scale, much larger and beyond anything we can understand, where things like the big bang are these small, tiny events that take place over and over in a matter of seconds, due to some (yet) unexplainable reason? It just seems to us like this insanely powerful expansion of energy and matter that is still expanding billions of years later because of our downsized and limited perception?

7. I remember the first time I heard about something like this
    Was in 9th grade Earth Science. I think about this quite a bit and it's so interesting to me

8. Whoa this blows my mind...