what if you get pulled ovr?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ghsbum08, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ok so say i get pulled over, its not my car im just in the back and we were on a blunt ride, so the car smells of ganja and we get pulled over does the cop have the right to search me cuz of probable cause or is this not true can i just plead the fifth? lol

2. The fifth is for court when you testify .... but you can try it with a cop I guess.

3. smell = probable cause

4. alrite now i got that, so say i got some bud at this point and i tuck near my sack, will i get away or will he search me harder and find it?

5. Its not worth it man, when you see the lights flash you gotta eat that shit as fast as you can. Eating the weed is the only sure way to get away with it

6. Unless its leftover in your mouth by the time the officer gets to you then your destroying evidence.... and you still get charged.

7. damn thats so gay, because i always have like a half oz minimum and i could never eat all that weed.

8. eating weed with a dry mouth is probably the hardest thing that i have ever endured...

9. i carry air freashinger in my car so when i get pulled over the dont smell weed works like a charm

10. yea that would be so shitty lol
    yea that s prolly the best bet to go with.

11. Is it legal for cops to search your person your in the car and it smells like weed. I feel like they have proable cause for the car, not you?

12. i would have to say both, even though its a guess.

at this point, if you don't do what the cop says he will tazer you. If the search was without justification it could be fought in court.

I'm fairly sure they cannot search your locked rear trunk or whatever without a warrant, not just probable cause.

13. I totally advise against this. I rather keep stopping at my house to pick up more bud than risk being caught with that much in my possession. Any reason as to why you carry that much on you?

14. hustle that shit lol but i only do that when i go home and not away at school.

15. I absolutely agree with this, good rule of thumb is to never carry more than you can eat unless absolutely necessary. As far as probable cause, the whole smell aspect varies state to state. My best advice is to simply state you do not consent to any unwarranted searches and never physically resist an officer. Simply ask if you are being detained or are free to go. Any searching he does after your statement (depending on your states probable cause) may be inadmissible in court.

16. Do what you want but that is an unnecessary amount to have with you. When i am out and about i only take what i plan on smoking so i can eat it when i need to (keep a drink on hand) i also never bring (dirty) paraphernalia with me. I absolutely refuse to get caught when I can avoid it.

17. I know this isn't really related but just thought I'd share.. my friends and I got pulled over for smokeing, they fully confinscated everything we had except the half ounce that was shoved down my pants (there were only male cops so they didn't search my body, plus i had already given them my grider and bowl so they wouldn't have reason to believe I was lieing) Anyways, we thought we were fine because weed is "decriminialized" is Ma. well unfortunately the diver still got slammed with a OUI. so watch out for the boys in blue... or don't be the driver hahah

18. If you get pulled over and you were smoking weed in the car, your going to get slammed. They don't even have to smell it. They will see the drivers red eyes and silly behavior and say "I smell weed. Step out of the vehicle so we can fuck you." No matter how well you think you can pull yourself off, its not gona work for a cop. They are not stupid. They deal with this shit every day and they will get you.

19. yep.. same story here except i was the driver :(, smell=probable cause and you're gone if you think air spray will save your arse after a blunt. although fun, driving and smoking is a terrible idea. should you get pulled over dont help them build a case against you, remain silent after they've asked you for the name/info.

20. Watch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA]YouTube - BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters[/ame]