What if you don't have the time?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DriftingApart, Oct 19, 2010.

1. I don't have time to write a long thread, actually, i don't have time for much anything anymore. I have 3 fully grown plants that i grew all summer which two have already been dried and one has just started drying. Since i don't have time to keep up with plant trimming, and because i have at least 30 branches on each plant, i'm worried that the plants will actually get too dry because i won't be able to cure them properly.

The branches were hanging up for two weeks, and i'm only halfway through the first plant and two of my plants are completely dried. I put them in a large tupperware container to keep them as fresh as possible until i could get to them, but i can trim a branch or two a day.

What do you do if you don't have the time to trim, do you invite people to come help you trim? I really can't do that, because of my living conditions and the people that live within my vicinity don't smoke.

Any advice?

2. If you have the money you could buy a trimreaper and let it do all the work for you in a couple minutes to a hours time

TrimReaper the ultimate weed trimmer

3. I hear how in Cali the Teamsters are preparing for the legal weed market and are going after marijuana trimmers.

I guess in Cali you could even post on Craigslist haha, especially if you are a medical user with arthritis

Did you clip any leaves off at all before hanging the branches?

4. personally, i think its easier trimming those leaves first thing because they are sticking out making them easier to trim. after hanging, the leaves wind up "hugging" the bud which, for me at least, makes it a pain in the ass to trim. overall, i hate harvesting anymore. its a pain in the ass, so the sooner i can get shit done, the better.

in the beginning, i would take my time and manicure each leaf. now i realize its much easier to just chop around the buds with the scissors. youll barely cut off any flowers.

took me 8 hours to chop up a plant yesterday. not one fun thing about trimming anymore.

5. I did clip off most of the leaves that were sticking out from the buds before i hung it, had about a trashbag full of leaves for each plant. Although, there are still tons of leaf on my buds (mainly the ones that are wrapped around it) and i take my time to cut as much off as i can for a good smoke, and so the buds are shapped nicely.

I really don't care how long it takes me, because i work on it with every spare moment i get, so its not like i can go any faster than i am now. I was just worried that the weed might go bad, or actually get too dry before i'm able to trim it and properly cure it.

Also, i had an idea a couple days ago about putting a piece of (almost) odorless bread inside the giant tupperware container with the branches in it, so it would keep it moist without attracting any mold. I don't know if its freshened the buds up any, but i'll put a piece of bread in the container overnight, and when i check on it the next morning its completely dry.

6. #6 DriftingApart, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010

If only i had $1500 lying around.

7. let it dry let it dry let it dry dry means no mold do your best to just cut the big sun leaves off and call it good dont let your time and hard work turn to mold let it dry