What if weed was never illegal?

Discussion in 'General' started by ReallyRed, Sep 30, 2009.

1. okay all you stoners :D time to pull out your pipes, roast a bowl and let your imagination go wild!

the thought occoured to me, "what would the world be like if Marijuana was never made illegal?" and i thought, "hey, i bet those on Grasscity would have some thoughts on this."

so, yeah... what do you think the world would be like had Marijuana never been made illegal?

personally? well, i think that marijuana would have not been abused so much in the summer of love and up till now (admit it, how many tried it as a form of rebellion?) and i would wager that it wouldn't have ever become an "epidemic" as the DEA likes to call it (yeah, i'd doubt the DEA would exist though it could as cocaine and heroin are not included in this "what if")

i'd wager that there'd be signifigantly fewer headshops about but because there would be fewer people using it as a recreational drug, yeah, people would smoke it and there'd be headshops, but i don't think there would be nearly as many.

i think that it would at this point have industries set up to sell it (you could buy a pack of 5 joints for $10 probably and the govt would get a nice slice of that pie.)

the medical industry would probably have fewer cases of cancer though i would doubt that vaporizers would be as advanced as they are (going on the supply/demand thing here.)

basically, i think that it wouldn't be as widespread as it is. and of course, we would probably not have the potency as we do now since i'd wager that the botanists wouldn't be attempting to find the higher high.

and i'm sure the paper industry would be in a much different state now.

... if only Hearst had thought for the future and decided to convert his then clearcut lands to hemp growing... his family would be disgustingly more rich than it is.

so,. yeah... end ramble on my part, your turn... and remember, light up that bowl and think about it! :D

2. I have thought about this before too man. I wish it was legal now...the world would be so much better. Peace...

3. There'd probably non-smoking areas, preferences and establishments like with cigarettes.

4. If weed was never illegal I'd still be getting baked. That's all I'd really care about I guess.

5. If it was never made illegal Tobacco would never have gotten as popular as it did, phillip morris and all the Big Tobacco folk would be Big Cannabis and people would complain like mad that its killing our youth and tainting our society.

Although it does make you wonder if the "revolutionaries" in the 60s doing lots of pot would have happened since it wouldn't have been a revolutionary thing....

;)

6. just smoking it would kinda feel diffrent knowing that its ok, but it would reduce alot of crime. Gangs and stuff make most of their money by selling weed, and if it was legalized who would really bother buying it from them? Without the money from selling weed there would be alot less crime. kinda intresting i guess to talk to someone about this

7. whats funny is a lot of people came over to america to grow tobacco to make money, just imagine if they had discovered weed instead of tobacco, im amazed bud never took off like tobacco did.

8. I love getting lost in the ifs and buts of life after a bowl.
    Could lose myself for hours if i let myself.
    (Sounds like a good way to pass a tuesday night)

9. If it was legalized then wouldn't companies put all kinds of chemicals into weed like they do with cigarettes?