What if we really followed our thoughts all the way through?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by deuce152, Jun 24, 2010.

1. I talking about life thoughts like religion, major decisions, etc.

Like religion. Hold religion or not to? Theism or Nihilism?
    I cant make you take to a religion but become Agnostic do not claim to be atheist and only take the good parts from it. Me, a theist, has thought it out and i have decided that through out my life experience that there is a God out there but I am not exactly sure about his plans for me or the rest of the world. And i cannot comprehend why some people only claim the "good" parts of a religion when the "bad" parts have helped define and shape them.
    But those who claim to be atheist only claim those "good" or "correct" points of view when really they reject what being an atheist really is. I am trying to open eyes to that because mine have been opened to the fact that any number of theist do the same thing as any number of atheists.
    I mean if your going to claim something do it all the way or dont do it at all.

Either go towards the Agnostic or go read some Nietzsche and see what you are really claiming.

I think that religion is a good thing, it gives people hope and something to cling to in times of hardship and loss. The general view of religion is shallow in the eyes of americans because it is something we simply do on sundays. But in the rest of the world, religion is a way of life, it isnt something just one day a week it influences every decision every day.

30% of Christian churches have actual Christians in their pews. So 3/10 of everyone in that church is real and the other 70% are the "hypocrites" that everyone loves to hate.

Naturalism or Supernaturalism?
    I would say a vast majority of people today are naturalist because if you look at the life that they lead it all points to here and now. I wish i could say i was a super naturalist but in reality i cannot keep my mind off of the natural world. I know that there is more out there than i can see but i cannot comprehend a way to begin to understand that.

Defining God?
    If we cannot wrap our minds around what a man is how can we say that we know anything of God? It is simple, we cant, it is impossible for us to understand God because we cannot understand ourselves.

Im not perfect im just starting to try and piece together thoughts about life and those things that surround life.

2. The definition of God is so wide and cryptic, it is impossible to agree on something.