Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What if we conserved everything, like we want to conserve weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NebDro, Aug 30, 2010.

1. I just got my mind to drifting and thinkabout crazy things. I was wondering where would this earth be if it were run by stoners and everything was conserved like that last bowl of White Widow:D Sorry if my shit doesn't make sense, I'm pretty blown :bongin:

2. Makes total sense man!

I was just reading the other day that helium is a non-renewable resource! Sure we don't use it for too too much, but eventually it'll be gone, and then what if we (and by "we" I mean "doctors and shit") discover the cure to cancer is helium-based?

I seriously think both a lot of good and bad could be caused by conserving on everything the way we do with our last bowl (expecially if it's the last bowl with no hope of picking up for a few days/weeks).

3. Except you can't really "use" helium. Unless we send it out into space, it'll always be here in one form or another.

4. The impact of 100% recycling would not actually be felt by us, but by our children and our children's children. Most resources on this planet are not renewable, however, they are in such abundance that virtually nothing will run out in our lifetime, not crude oil or water, gold or any other precious metal. There are untapped veins of most resources that we haven't found yet.

BUT that doesn't mitigate the waste that the human species has been responsible for nor for the destruction that our pollution has waged upon this poor planet.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that we are all one organism, and as such the great mother Gaia will take care of itself. LONG after the human species is dead and buried, the Earth will still be here and will be thriving.

Still it would be nice if we cleaned up our rooms every so often.

5. False

6. yes, you cant forget birthday balloons.

7. I was saying false because you can 'use' helium. Its not a renewable resource and our supply is running out. Once its 'used' its fucking used, adios, goodbye.

8. #8 liquidlightning, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010

No, it won't. That's what non-renewable means.

To that:

Helium Supplies Endangered, Threatening Science And Technology

I'm not trying to start a flame war, so please don't take this reply personally. I just know nobody would make a big deal of it being non-renewable if there was no chance of losing it forever. And yes, you're right losing it to space is one way it can happen, but we don't have to send it there, it goes by itself.

Now those are obviously broad statements. And yes, maybe it will take a very long time, but it can be used up, and it will eventually be gone.

But I'd like to look at other things too other than helium, because as far as my life is concerned, helium is useless... unless I want a funny voice.

9. I hope you never need an MRI

10. Hmm, yeah it makes sense that the only way to get an element is by changing an element to another one (which we can't do really, only with radioactive material).

While it may always be with us, it will be almost impossible to catch more than trace amounts.

But anyways, Helium is meh compared to a lot of other nonrenewable resources that once its gone (oil) and we aren't prepared for it, we will be thrown back big time unless other resources are looked into.

11. LMFAO, what? I don't conserve weed. It is always gone faster than I wanted it too be gone, LMFAO.

12. Hahaha, I totally skipped past the MRI part on my first two reads. Okay, definitely not useless. (Hopefully it remains useless though, in that I hope I never need an MRI)

See this is exactly what I meant.

And consider this next thing, which I know to be impossible and would never happen:

Imagine every single person on the planet didn't buy a cup of coffee for one whole day.

According to Wikipedia (yes I know, take it with a grain of salt): As of April 4, 2010, Tim Hortons has 3,596 systemwide restaurants, including 3,029 in Canada and 567 in the United States.
    It also lists the annual revenue at 2.02 BILLION in 2008.

Divide by 365: $5,479,452 a fucking day.

And that is Tim Horton's alone. Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, mom and pop shops in every city worldwide.

Imagine what would happen to the world economy?