WHat if there was no moon?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzwell420, Aug 11, 2012.

1. what would happen to all the water?

2. It would dip, yo

3. it wouldn't flow in & out

4. it would sit there?

what about all the fish

5. Not sure about the fish.

But the water would stay at a constant level and no high or low tides would happen. Some places would be flooded permanently and some would not be coast towns.

(if that makes sense)

6. could like the atmosphere and fish travel, and the rivers and the rain be the same?

7. [quote name='"Buzzwell420"']could like the atmosphere and fish travel, and the rivers and the rain be the same?[/quote]

Yeah man, haha the moon isn't supplying all of our gravity

8. We wouldn't be able to see its beautiful reflection.

9. #9 Mogwai, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    We would still have tides because of the gravitational effect from the sun. Not as strong, but they would exist.

The earth would also spin much faster because our moon slows our rotation down. Days would only be 6 hours long if I remember correctly

Edit

Yeah I looked of up and days would be 6 hours. That would mean plantlife would be all different, so animal life would be totally different too. And apparently storms would be a lot stronger too.

The moon stabilizes our axis. Without it weather and seasons would be chaotic

10. woah man

11. yeah i guess u dont need a moon would it be darker at night?

idk man

think about the fish man

12. #12 Mogwai, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    I think most fish would be alright. Land life would be a different story. I guess if you got speculative you could say that without the moon life wouldn't have evolved the way it did and we wouldn't exist.

If you took to moon away today.. we could probably make it. A lot of people would die though. I dunno, it could fuck around and kill most plants, so it could fuck everyone over. But I'm still thinking enoigh plants and people could tough it out. Plants are pretty adaptive

Thank god that evil genius in the 90s never blew up the moon like he threatened. I don't know if he got payed off or what. I hear some spy stopped him, but who knows?

13. What if we had two moons?

14. Then we would all be young farmer boys that is secretly a powerful warriar of the galaxy,,, Atleast thats what Ive read.

15. what if the sun ate the moon??

16. I think its something with a mouse and a spoon.

17. Is it true that the moon is made of swiss cheese?

18. That's pretty crazy, it'd be a completely different planet.

19. Woah Woah Woah, i want to hear more about that. Didnt know that shit actually happened in real life