What if...(may contain some religion. Bitches)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WisdomInTheTree, Sep 29, 2011.

1. #1 WisdomInTheTree, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    What if human evolution failed us. What if our god/life force/body chemisty intended for us to feel what we consider "high," all the time? Like if feeling high was how we were truly supposed to feel, but our brains tricked us? Since very early man was in a constant fight for survival, with all these adrenaline brain chemicals going, perhaps evolution naturally reduced the number of canabinoids/whatever makes you high, naturally.

I'm torched right now so if this doesn't make sense I can try to provide more info. It may seemed like I contradicted my self a few times, this stems from my current inability to decide on my personal religious beliefs. Could this theory actually be scientifically proven or disproven?

Peace love pot

2. Evolution doesn't intend anything. It is just a process. It does not forgive it does not forget. It is legion. Hahaha

3. I know that we were not intended to work as it was Adam curse after the garden insolent. So if we were not intended to work there would be no worries. So there would be no fight for survival.
    Yes we would be high all the time.

By the way that curse was intended for Adam not us...that curse was broken at the cross.

4. Ive thought about this. Like if the garden of eden was just like constant euphoria and psychedelianess and enlightment. Or just a naked dude n chick chillen with dinosaurs eating fruit

5. I don't understand. What is this adam stuff?

6. [quote name='"lenny88"']
    I don't understand. What is this adam stuff?[/quote]

We're getting biblical up in here

7. How would our evolutionary biology naturally select lesser canabinoidal receptors?

8. What ifs arnt meant to be exact. or even logical

9. #9 WisdomInTheTree, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    No clue. My guess was the "use it or loose it" theory of evolution. If we spent all our time being scared and fighting for survival, the natural cannabinoids in our brain may have been reduced over time. Our brain has cannabinoid receptors, and even a chemical (starts with an "a" I think) that is somehow similar to thc.

I could be wrong, but I believe the appendix in the human body used to serve an important function to our long ago ancestors by regulating bacteria or something. But now, evolution has removed that need, and it's seen as useless.

10. U can be high all the time. Trust me I've been there and it's lots of fun

11. There's actually a lot of compelling evidence coming forward that evolution is entirely random, and that the traits that survive on in a species may not be the best traits for any given situation, and may have beaten out other traits that were much better, just by chance.

"Feeling high" all the time would have many disadvantages, however. And it is entirely possible to achieve a "feeling good" all the time sort of state by properly taking care of your body, the way that the Creator intended for us to take care of our bodies: proper diets, plenty of sun and exercise, and effective coping mechanisms to deal with stress.

12. "Getting high" is our evolutionary right and destiny. There is a lot beyond that, too :)

13. How would feeling high all the time have disadvantages? Ive been high all day. Done homework, played some tennis, and went to class. All while high. I was disadvantaged in no way. Won my tennis match (mostly because I was chill and patient, while he got pissed off haha). Off topic, but anyways how is this a disadvantage?