Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what if i opened a head shop?!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nicolerrico, Nov 18, 2011.

1. well, im really high and an amazing idea just came to me, what if i opened a headshop?!?!!!

i just started thinking, i know a lottt of people who smoke. ive always kindof wanted to have my own store, just never figured out for what. i took a couple semesters of business classes in college, never finished but i could go back!

theres nothing i love more than smoking weed. i could get my own shop.. sell peices, that legal shit, incense.. posters.. ashtrays.. everything cool and reasonably priced.. i think i could do pretty good!

what do ya think?? i wouldnt even know where to start, but maybe someday... :)

2. anything is possible..(except for ron paul getting elected)

3. Opening a business takes months, sometimes YEARS to plan. It takes every single cent, and every second of your time for a good two years at the start up. You never see your family, your friends, unless they come to see you at work. Opening a business takes a lot of commitment and a ton of time, so just make sure you know what you are doing, and it is what you want to do the rest of your life, or else its just a waste of a bunch of money...

4. Well knowing a lot of people who do something i.e. smoke, is not always the best thing.

I own a business related to a hobby/lifestyle sport. What I will say is this, I get requests for, "bro," deals all day long from my, "friends".

They don't care or even think about the fact that even if they are covering the cost of the product wholesale, I still paid to get it shipped to me, and I have other overhead expenses that require me making a profit to cover.

In the end explaining these things to people works for about 15 seconds and then they are like, "yeah so ummm can I get that deal?!?"

So if you are ready to separate business from friendships and have an understanding of running the back end of the business (financials) go for it. But be forewarned, owning a business related to lifestyle or hobby you love seems amazing on the outside. But in the end it IS a job and requires you to work your ass off, give up some friendships and generally be a bit of a hardass about some things.

It will change the way you feel about some stuff, including the products you sell, the people you know (or sell to), and life in general.