What if i dont...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by durigormortis, Aug 21, 2012.

1. What if.. i dont use any super bloom or any nutes during the flowering period? does anyone have any experience with this? i have used some tomato fert like an 18-18-18 only about 6 times on my 6 footer since May. Plant is very healthy. i have maybe 1 leaf at a time that has some N def.

IF i do not use anything will this slow down my flowering period? will i get a bigger yield if i use some fert?

2. dont do that to it. get some thing for the flowering its not that expensive. think of all the money you are saving on lights just by being outside! you can get something small and get through your flowering you will just prob need to get more before next time.

3. dont use 18-18-18 thats nuts!
    go easier and you will see even more growth than at fert levels like that!
    If you spilled that on the leaves it would kill that leaf for sure.

4. It never. Seemed to hurt them before. I didn't see any burn. But I did stop using it. What do you recommend for flowering?

5. #5 clodhopper, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    If the plants are growing in good soil, they will have good sized buds. The introduction of fertilizer will increase the yeild, but at this point that increase would be minimul. Fertilizers create more yeild when applied throughout the season which results in larger healthier plants.

The second most critical period for fertilization comes when the plants begin their preflower stretch. While cannabis is grown for a full season - as much as 6 months- 60% of total growth willl occur in a 45 day period, usually starting mid july and extending until the end of august. Plants grow at a very rapid rate during this period and the addition of fertilizer will optimize that growth which results in greatly enhanced yeilds.

If youve been fertilizing all along, that will increase yeild far more than the introduction of ferts at this late date. But, theres no question that several applications of bloom enhancing fertilizers will increase yields minimally.

For example, if i have 2 plants 8' tall of the same strain and its late august. If i dont do anything to one plant, i will harvest 12ozs of smoke. If i pour on the bloom ferts, i will harvest as much as 14ozs of smoke.

The 18-18-18 is a bit dangerous to use simply because excess nitrogen during the flowering process is aspired on to the leaf surface creating a home for Powdery mildew, blight and botryitis.

About any "Bloom buster" type ferts sold at garden or home improvement stores will suffice.

6. [quote name='"clodhopper"']If the plants are growing in good soil, they will have good sized buds. The introduction of fertilizer will increase the yeild, but at this point that increase would be minimul. Fertilizers create more yeild when applied throughout the season which results in larger healthier plants.

The second most critical period for fertilization comes when the plants begin their preflower stretch. While cannabis is grown for a full season - as much as 6 months- 60% of total growth willl occur in a 45 day period, usually starting mid july and extending until the end of august. Plants grow at a very rapid rate during this period and the addition of fertilizer will optimize that growth which results in greatly enhanced yeilds.

If youve been fertilizing all along, that will increase yeild far more than the introduction of ferts at this late date. But, theres no question that several applications of bloom enhancing fertilizers will increase yields minimally.

For example, if i have 2 plants 8' tall of the same strain and its late august. If i dont do anything to one plant, i will harvest 12ozs of smoke. If i pour on the bloom ferts, i will harvest as much as 14ozs of smoke.

The 18-18-18 is a bit dangerous to use simply because excess nitrogen during the flowering process is aspired on to the leaf surface creating a home for Powdery mildew, blight and botryitis.

About any "Bloom buster" type ferts sold at garden or home improvement stores will suffice.[/quote]

Great info! Thanks