What if humans didnt have the need to eat?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by «Cat», Apr 10, 2014.

1. Consider how much of our time is spent around the cultivation and consumption of food. Without needing it, imagine how many fewer jobs there would be, and would we even NEED jobs? With all that time gone the need of shelter and water would be easy to fulfill

Would the hierarchy class structure still exist? 
    Third World Countries?

2. We don't need to eat.  All you need is energy, which comes from within as much as you believe it does.

We are stuck in a cycle of self destruction, we quite literally eat our self, our own matter.  Ouroboros.

We can break free at any time.

3. there will still be socioeconomic classes, but if your basic survival is met with almost no effort the important differences are mostly nonexistent. the wealthy may have more luxuries, but if all you have to do is get some water and shelter here and there the world is your oyster. you can go most anywhere and do most anything and be inspired by the natural world around you.

heh, regardless of what i think of your ideas at least youre good for a laugh now and then. this is almost as good as the sungazing thread :)

4. Beliefs formulate reality.

5. the only way i could see no need for food but still water would be some sort of photosynthetic invorporation. which ive seen proposed before but obviously isnt close to viable at this point in time

6. how would that happen? 

ive seen an article or something of some people thinking they were getting all the energy they needed from the sun, but they seemed pretty fuckin nutty as well.. just standing out in the sun.. 

theres shit your body needs that the sun cant give you 

We'll always find a way.  It's what we do, sadly.

8. On a well educated, political level, one would have much to ponder. But my mind says "no need to eat = no need for oral sex" so I guess i would miss oral sex most of all.

9. yeah, breathanarianism and similar are obviously ridiculous claims.

as for incorporating photosynthesis? i have no idea. likely some sort of gene manipulation coupled with a synthetic or organic implant capable of photosynthesis. i dont really know, it's just the only mildly plausible idea ive came across.

10. You always will exist.  Your reality is set by your parameters.

11. even though i dont think thats the case, due to the nature of the statement even if youre wrong youll never know.

12. while the photosynthesis gene manipulation is a pretty good Idea, I'd imagine we'd all get really fat and have high blood sugar.lead us to get diabetes and really kill the insulin regulation , then dramatically effecting the immune system. So not only would getting the right genes to express it is important , but we'd also have genetically engineer other expressions ,changing the biochemical processes and architecture to compensate to the change.Making it a pretty difficult task,also good luck getting experiment proposals passed through the ethics to confirm. Any mammal would prob make a decent model , so I guess mices will do just fine.

13. i could also see a method in which the photosynthetic implant or whatever could be engineered or manipulated to output the right dietary needs before absorption.

Attached Files:

You can't not exist.

Our planet and mainly our species feeds off negativity.  We kill other beings to empower ourselves.  If we all stopped eating we would likely notice love for each other, animals and humans like never before.

Not that that is the most feasible route to obtaining world peace, but it would definitely change the world in a positive manner.

I just fasted yesterday and I feel great today.  You get in shape very quickly through fasting and it cleanses your system and mind.  Try it for yourself.

16. Nanotechnology can probably shine around here in term of implmentating treatments. The change in the genotype and phenotype would be a task impossible to be restricted in one field of science, requiring an diverse research collaborations between fields .

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. how

18. How I wish that was true

19. I have thought about this many times...Just think what it would be like with no need for food, sleep, and organized/unorganized religion...

The pessimist in me thinks....Humans would just find other reasons to kill each other.

20. Cows would be toppled over everywhere from the lack of space, oh no