What if cars were alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by GGrass, Mar 2, 2011.

1. On my way to work this morning, I thought,

"What if the cars were alive? Like, they're some kind of an animal.."

They eat. (oil)
    They breath.
    They piss and shit. (exhaust fume and condensed water)

They move. (on their wheels)

And they have a set of logic under which they behave.

To us, that set of logic would be the 'traffic regulations', but to the cars, it would seem like what is modern day physics to humans.

They would wonder why the cars move in a way they do, and if they didn't know about the traffic rules, they'd come up with their own way of explaining the behavior. And their way of explanation would be compeletely independant of the human's reality.

Unless a car becomes a human and see that the movement of the cars were governed by the traffic regulations, and go back to being a car and tell the cars how it really worked, the cars will never know.

--

If you put two cars, next to each other, and compare, which is the better car based on only ONE thing, what would that ONE thing be?

For me, it would be the fuel efficiency.

I don't care what two cars are being compared. If I had to choose based ONLY on ONE thing, I'd go with fuel efficiency and choose the one that is more fuel efficient.

--

If you look at a car on the roads, especially the cars with only 1 person in it, you can't help but to feel it's a tremendous waste of energy...

It's burning all that fuel to move that HUGE chunck of metal, just to get ONE person from point A to point B.

The fuel is used to move total of 1565 kg of mass, out of with only 65 kg of it is actually a person, and the rest 1500 kg is the car.

If you took the total amount of fuel the humans use on the roads, and separated it into two components,

1. The amount of fuel used to move the mass of humans
    2. The amount of fuel used to move the mass of the cars themselves

You would see that more than 90% of the fuel that we burnt went into moving chunks of metal, while only 10% went into moving us.

I think that's a very wasteful way of spending energy.

I don't know.

I'm stoned.

2. You, are, high...

3. Yes I am.

:smoke:

4. Wish I was as baked as ya

5. Easy man.

Smoke some weed.

6. I spend most of my stoned time in the car... while driving...

Like... 75% of my stoned time.

7. I think cars look alien whenever you eat mushroom toppings...

8. They would all die in 50 years.

9. Aliens?

I think they look like humans...

10. 50 years? Very long time...

I think the average life span of a car would be about 25 years...

The birth rate will be higher than the death rate though.

Given enough time, there will be overpopulation of cars and in some areas, and the cars will make the occupying area inhabitable because of the problems rising from over population.